Table of Contents
- What is FASTag?
- Things to know about FASTag
- What are the benefits of using FASTag?
- Cashless Payments
- Mobile Alerts through SMS
- FASTag Online Recharge
- Faster Moving on Highway
- Cashback Offers
- How to buy FASTags?
- Documents Required for the Application of FASTag
- How FASTag Works?
- List of Banks Providing FASTags Account
- FASTag Blacklisted
- How to Use FASTag?
- FASTag Common Problems
- How to Buy FASTag with Axis Bank?
- How to Get Axis Bank FASTag?
- Axis Bank FASTag Apply Online
- Axis Bank FASTag Apply Offline
- Axis Bank FASTag Charges
- Axis Bank FASTag Issuance Charges
- Axis Bank FASTag Threshold Charges
- Axis Bank FASTag Retail Login
- How to Recharge Axis Bank FASTag ?
- Recharge Axis Bank FASTag Through NEFT/RTGS
- Recharge Axis Bank FASTag By Using UPI
- By Using Axis Bank ETC Portal
- Axis Bank FASTag Delivery Tracking
- Axis Bank FASTag Customer Care Number
- How to Recharge Axis Bank Fastag Through PhonePe App
- How To Recharge Axis Bank Fastag Through Google pay App
Axis Bank Fastag Login With Mobile Number
With your registered mobile number, you can log in to your FAStag Account. Follow these steps to find out more about your FASTag Axis Account details:
- Visit the Axis Bank official FASTag handle.
- Enter your Axis FASTag mobile number.
- Select the Login type you prefer from the drop-down menu, and then enter the details.
- Enter the captcha code and click login to get into your Account.
You will be logged in to your Axis Bank FASTag account through your mobile number and access your FASTag Account details linked with Axis Bank.
Axis Bank Fastag First Time Login
When the user have registered for the FASTag and are trying to login for the first time, there are some steps to be followed, which are given below:
Step 1: The URL for the Online portal Login is: – For Retail Customers: https://etc.axisbank.co.in/ETC/RetailRoadUserLogin/Index – For Corporate Customers: https://etc.axisbank.co.in/ETC/CorporateUserLogin/ . To generate passwords for ETC Online Portal, users should click the “Check Here”.
Step 2: Click Continue on the next screen.
Step 3: The Customer ID and Wallet ID should be filled in by the user. In the Application Form for the FasTag Product, enter the mobile number provided by customer during registration
Step 4: Now, the user should enter the captcha displayed on the screen. If there is space between the captcha and the screen, the user should add that space when entering. If the Capcha entered was valid, the Next Step option would be activated. Otherwise, recheck the captcha, refresh it, or start a new one.
Step 5: The user should choose SMS as an option and then click “Generate OTP”.
Step 6: An OTP will be generated and sent out to the registered mobile number.
Step 7: The user should enter the OTP sent to the registered mobile number and then click on “Continue”. The user will receive a message saying “OTP Validation Successful”. After this message, click “Continue”.
Step 8: The user should enter the Passwords according to his preference. It should contain at least one alpha in capitals, one number, and one special character. After that, click “Submit”.
Step 9: The user should choose the security questions and provide the answers. After selecting the questions and answering them, the Continue button will be highlighted. To proceed, the user should click the Continue button.
Step 10: The Registration Process for the Online Portal is finished. You will automatically be redirected to the Online Portal. To login, the User must use the URLs in Step 1.
Axis Bank FASTag Balance Check Number
Axis Bank offers a toll-free number 18004198585 that you can use to check your Fastag balance. They are available to all customers 24*7. Just give them a call to find out how much money you have on your Fastag Card. You can then decide if it needs to be recharged or if it has enough.
You can also give a missed call at 7287999990. You will receive an instant notification if you make a missed call.and this will let you know your FASTag Balance on your Axis FASTag card.
Indian roads and especially highways have become really good in the last few years. The infrastructure of the roads have been improved to a great extent which provides uninterrupted traffic flows without any jams on the roads. If you are a frequent traveller, you might not face any problems on these roads and can have a smooth journey, but still there were some things which were not under our control and usually you would hate during your journeys. One of such problems travellers face was long queues at toll plazas across the highway, which would waste a lot of time waiting for your turn. But now the government has introduced FASTag for vehicles which have been made mandatory for four wheelers from December 2019. More than 600+ toll plazas across the country are equipped with FASTag. Let us get to know about what is FASTag, benefits of FASTag, how to get FASTag for your vehicles and when is your FASTag blacklisted.
What is FASTag?
The government of India with the help of National Payments Corporation of India has developed the NETC program which refers to National Electronic Toll Collection. This programs allows collection of toll tax without any human intervention. This program is also known as FASTag which help to reduce the rush at toll plazas across the. The FASTag is device which uses RFID technology that is Radio Frequency Identification which will deduct the toll charges automatically when the vehicle will pass through FASTag lane of toll plaza. The FASTag sticker is applied on the front windscreen of the four wheelers and when they will pass through toll, money will be auto debited from the FASTag account linked with the vehicle.
Things to know about FASTag
Though FASTag is easy and convenient method to pay your toll tax without any human intervention, but still there are some points about the technology which are necessary to know before you move your vehicle on highways:
- FASTag can be used at any toll plaza across the country irrespective of the fact that whosoever is the acquirer of toll plaza.
- FASTag is affixed on front windscreen of the four wheeler.
- If you own more than one four wheeler, you will have to have separate FASTag for both the vehicles. You cannot use same FASTag for multiple vehicles.
- Once you have purchased a FASTag for a vehicle, it will be valid for 5 years. You can recharge the FASTag as per the requirement after the initial buying of the FASTag.
- FASTag can be recharged online through netbanking, UPI, debit cards, credit cards and paytm. Minimum amount to recharge FASTag is Rs100 and maximum amount is Rs 1,00,000.
- You should always buy FASTag from trusted banking partners only.
- You should never buy a FASTag from the company which asks to link your bank account. You should always used prepaid service for the FASTag.
What are the benefits of using FASTag?
The FASTag have many advantages for the for wheeler owners. The benefits of FASTag are listed below:
One of the best advantages by making FASTag compulsory is the tension of having an exact change at toll plazas. The transaction will be cashless and money will be automatically debited from your FASTag wallets.
Mobile Alerts through SMS
Whenever you will pass through any toll plaza, you will receive sms alerts on your registered mobile numbers when money will be deducted from FASTag. You will also receive alerts for low balance in your FASTag wallet.
This is one of the best advantages of having FASTag. You can recharge it anytime using debit cards, net banking and UPI.
Faster Moving on Highway
Thus it also reduces the travelling time from one place to another as it will reduce human intervention saving your precious time.
For promoting FASTag government is providing very good cashback offers for the users. Currently they are providing 2.5% cashback for every transaction through FASTag wallet.
How to buy FASTags?
FASTags can be bought from various sources . Many nationalized and private banks are providing the facility to create a FASTag account. Moreover, some of the payment wallets such as paytm are also issuing the FASTag for the four wheelers. You can also buy FASTag at toll plazas, where they have a Point of sale (POS) which will help in getting FASTag.
Here is the list of banks which are providing FASTag accounts:
List of Banks Providing FASTags Account
|Bank||Customer Care Helpline
||Tag issuance charge|
|Airtel Payments Bank||400||Rs. 100
|EQUITAS SMALL FINANCE BANK||1800 103 1222||Rs. 100
|IDFC FIRST Bank||1800-266-9970||₹200 including service tax|
|PAYTM Payments Bank||1800-102-6480||Rs. 100|
|State Bank of India||1800-11-0018||Rs. 100|
|Axis Bank Ltd||1800-419-8585||Rs. 200 + service tax|
|Federal Bank||1800-266-9520||Rs. 100|
|Indusind Bank||1860 -500- 5004||Rs.200|
|Punjab and Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993||Rs. 200|
|Syndicate Bank||1800-425-0585||Rs. 200|
|Bank of Baroda||1800-103-4568||Rs. 84.74 + GST|
|FINO Payments Bank||1860-266-3466||Rs.100 + GST|
|Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916||Rs.100|
|Punjab National Bank||080-67295310||Rs.100|
|Union Bank of India||1800- 22- 22 44||Rs.100|
|HDFC Bank||1800-120-1243||Rs. 200|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-300-69090||Rs. 100|
|Saraswat Co-operative Bank||1800-266-9545||Rs.100|
|Yes Bank Ltd||1800 -1200||Rs.100|
|City Union Bank Ltd||1800-258-7200||Rs. 200|
|ICICI Bank||1800-2100-104||Rs. 99.12|
|Nagapur Nagarik Sahakari Bank||1800 -266- 7183||Rs 100|
|South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809||Rs 100|
A person can also buy the FASTag from the automobile company from where he is going to buy his four wheeler and they will install the FASTag on their new vehicles.
Documents Required for the Application of FASTag
Whenever you are going to buy a FASTag account, you will require some documents along with their photostat copy. Here is the list of the documents you will need when buying a FASTag for your vehicle:
- RC of the vehicle for which you are going to have FASTag.
- The user will also require to submit the passport size photograph of vehicle owner.
- You will need a document for KYC which is any one of these – driving license, adhar card, Pan Card, Voter Id and Passport.
How FASTag Works?
Here are the steps where we will learn how does FASTag transaction works when it is initiated at toll plaza through RFID reader:
- A vehicle will pass through FASTag lane where RFID device will capture FASTag details which includes ID of the tag, Class of the vehicle and TID which is sent to the bank for processing.
- The bank will further initiate a request to NETC Mapper which will validate the tag details.
- After the Tag ID is validated by NETC, the mapper will send details which are vehicle class, tag status and VRN. IF the mapper is unable to locate Tag, it will return a response that particular TAG ID is not registered.
- Thus the bank will calculate the toll fare and a debit request is initiated towards NETC.
- After that The NETC will forward the request to bank which has issued FASTag to debit from FASTag account of user.
- Now the money will be deducted by the host and the user will receive an SMS alert. The host will also send the message to NETC.
This is how FASTag will deduct the money from your account and you can travel hassle free.
If you pass through any toll plaza and your FASTag wallet is out of money, your FASTag wallet is usually blacklisted for 48 hours, if you use the FASTag lane for crossing the toll gate. Your FASTag account will only be reactivated with the intervention of NHAI helpdesk in case you are travelling. You can also call on NHAI customer helpline number which is 1033 for reactivating card.
Usually when a person buys a FASTag Rs 200 is added as a security deposit which can be used during emergencies. If in case you have exhausted your main FASTag wallet account, the amount can be deducted from the security deposit. And again when you will recharge your wallet, firstly money will get added as a security deposit which you have used and rest of the amount will get deposited in your main FASTag wallet.
How to Use FASTag?
Now we are aware of FASTag, we will see how the FASTag works when a vehicles enters toll plaza:
- First of all when your vehicle enters FASTag lane, RFID reader on the lane will auto detect your FASTag and deduct the amount from your FASTag wallet.
- You will get a confirmation receipt on your email and also an alert message on your phone linked with tag.
- Once the money is deducted from your tag you will get a green signal and you can successfully pass through the plaza without any hassle.
FASTag Common Problems
Everything has its pros and cons. Pros are already explained and now we will see what are the difficulties one can face while using FASTag.
Sometimes when you will pass your vehicle through FASTag lane, the RFID reader might not detect the FASTag of your vehicle. You might need to move your vehicle little backward and forward and you must also ensure that FASTag is correctly placed on your vehicle so that it’s easily detectable.
If your FASTag is still not detected than a man on toll plaza will come with handheld RFID reader to detect your tag. There are some disadvantages of these hand-held devices:
- They are faulty at some times.
- They need to be charged after 5-6 hours.
Some companies are deducting the FASTag charges if you are not using in the name of FASTag event. So don’t buy FASTag from such companies. As FASTag is a prepaid wallet you don’t need to link your bank account with FASTag.
How to Buy FASTag with Axis Bank?
Axis Bank is one of the largest private banks of India. It is the third largest bank operating in the country. With making FASTag compulsory for the four wheelers from December 15 by the government of India, the axis bank has also started it services of issuing FASTag to consumers. Axis Bank in partnership with IHMCL have launched its ETC program which means Electronic toll Collection. FASTag issued by bank is applied on the front windshield of your four wheeler and are recognised by RFID readers which are present at toll plaza which will deduct money automatically from your FASTag account.
How to Get Axis Bank FASTag?
You can apply for axis for Axis Bank FASTag online and offline:
Axis Bank FASTag Apply Online
You can check the steps for applying the axis bank online below:
Visit the website of axis bank or you can directly apply by clicking this axis bank FASTag apply link where you will see the following screen if you have axis bank account:
If you don’t have axis account than click on “No” and you will see the following screen:
- After filling the information, you will proceed to vehicle information and fill all the details given in the form.
- Than you will need to select a KYC document which you will will upload to verify your details. You also need to upload Registration Certificate of vehicle.
- After that enter the captcha after verifying all the details of your filled form.
- Than there is button name “Validate” on the screen. Click on the button and your details are validated.
- After validation of details you will click on “Proceed to Payment” and fill the required charges as shown on the screen.
Axis Bank FASTag Apply Offline
As we have now known the process of applying online, if you have time and want to apply offline you can visit any point of sale locations of Axis Bank or visit any axis bank branch and follow the following steps:
- Take your vehicle to any Axis bank location.
- Fill the application form for Axis bank FASTag which is duly signed by owner and hand over it to banking representative.
- You will now required to give the following documents to bank representative: Registration Certificate of the four wheeler, passport photocopies of the owner, KYC documents of the owner which can include any one of these : Adhar Card, Voter Card or PAN Card.
- After that pay the fee required for the axis bank FASTag of your vehicle, which also include one time security deposit and take your tag.
- Your tag will be affixed by banking officer on your vehicle, therefore it’s necessary to take your vehicle at the banking locations.
Axis Bank FASTag Charges
As we have seen in the case of other banks, the FASTag registration includes one time security deposit, issuance fees and threshold amount, therefore axis bank FASTag fees also have the same components. The threshold amount is kept so that your money is deducted from the wallet as there is enough balance.
These are the charges which are applicable on your axis bank FASTag:
Axis Bank FASTag Issuance Charges
|Tag Issuance fee (one time)||0/- (inclusive of taxes) *Free FASTag limited period offer|
|Reissuance Fees||100/- (inclusive of taxes)|
|Security Deposit||200/- (inclusive of taxes)|
The charges required as a threshold amount will be taken on the basis of vehicle class which are shown in the below table:
Axis Bank FASTag Threshold Charges
|Vehicle Class||Vehicle Class Description||Threshold amount|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van||160|
|4||Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||160|
|5||Light commercial vehicle 2-axle/ MiniBus||250|
|7||Bus 2-axle / Mini-Bus||350|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer||550|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||650|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machine||550|
Axis Bank FASTag Retail Login
When your FASTag is issued, you need to register online and generate password for your account or UserId. When you have registered account, you can view your FASTag account history, transaction details and also you can raise complaints if you have any issue regarding your FASTag. You can click on axis bank FASTag first time login here and go to your FASTag account by putting in your password.
You will see the following screen when you go to axis bank FASTag retail login:
How to Recharge Axis Bank FASTag ?
As we now have our FASTag account, the next step is what to do when you exhaust your FASTag account wallet balance. we will have to recharge the axis bank FASTag account. You can recharge your account online by following modes:
- If you have axis bank account, then login to banks’s website or axis bank mobile app.
- You need to add your vehicles as a beneficiary. It can be done by putting your FASTag wallet ID number or the registration number of your vehicle.
- After that you need to enter IFSC code of the bank. After the vehicle is added as beneficiary, you can recharge your FASTag wallet from there.
- The IFSC code for toll collection of Axis Bank FASTag is UTIB0000ETC.
By Using UPI
You can recharge your axis bank FASTag wallet by using this address:
netc.<10 digit registered vehicle number >@axisbank
If the registration number of vehicles is old and less than 10 digits, you cannot use this method to recharge your account.
By Using Axis Bank ETC Portal
You need to login to axis bank ETC portal and select retail user and login. After that you go to menu as Road User Center -> Payment and Top Up -> Recharge. You can use a debit card, credit card, netbanking and UPI to recharge your FASTag wallet.
Axis Bank Auto Debit
Axis bank customer can directly recharge from their Axis Bank Account and credit it to your FASTag wallet. You need to confirm it by sending an email to email@example.com. You need to set the threshold amount in the email sent to bank.
Axis Bank FASTag Delivery Tracking
Axis bank provides Door Step Delivery of your FASTag when you apply it online through their portal. Axis bank FASTag can be tracked by going to blue dart tracking link and put your vehicle number as the reference number. You will see the following screen when you go to Axis Bank FASTag Delivery Tracking link of bluedart.
Axis Bank FASTag Customer Care Number
If you have any problems related to your axis bank FASTag, the customer care representative are always there for your help who can be reached at the following number:
Axis Bank FASTag Customer Care Number: 1800 419 8585
How to change Fastag’s mobile number?
No, we cannot change the Fastag mobile number. As the e-mail id and mobile number are registered at the time when the customer is making their Fastag for the first time. However, if the customer wants to change the vehicle registration number (VRN)then they can share their vehicle RC scans.
How to change a Fastag account from one bank to another
It is an easy process to change a FASTag account from one bank to another, you just need to follow the below mentioned steps: 1. If the customer’s Fastag is linked with the Paytm wallet, which is in turn connected with another bank, then he/she can change the bank account and recharge the wallet from the new bank account. 2. However, in case if the customer’s Fastag is linked with the Paytm bank account, then by changing the bank, he/she also needs to cancel the Paytm linked Fastag as well.
What to do with Fastag when selling a car?
If you have sold/transfer your car, you are requested to inform your issuing source or bank and close the account as soon as possible.
How to Recharge Axis Bank Fastag Through PhonePe App
- Login your PhonePe app on your Mobile
- You will Recharge section at the top.
- Select Fastag Recharge option on 2nd number
- You will see almost all Fastag operators in list.
- Select your ban operator from the list
- Next: It will ask for Vehicle number so enter you vehicle number
- Add you Fastga to PhonePe account .
- Enter recharge amount proceed for payment
- Complete the payment
How To Recharge Axis Bank Fastag Through Google pay App
- Open your Google Pay application.
- From the bottom of your screen, swipe up to find the Fastag.
- Click on FASTag Icon and then Make payment.
- Choose the FASTag account that you want to send money to.
- Enter the Recharge amount.
- To confirm, tap the Tick mark.
- Complete the payment.