Table of Contents
- What is FASTag?
- Things to know about FASTag
- What are the benefits of using FASTag?
- Cashless Payments
- Mobile Alerts through SMS
- FASTag Online Recharge
- Faster Moving on Highway
- Cashback Offers
- How to buy FASTags?
- Documents Required for the Application of FASTag
- How FASTag Works?
- List of Banks Providing FASTags Account
- FASTag Blacklisted
- How to Use FASTag?
- FASTag Common Problems
- South Indian bank FASTag customer care
- How to Buy South Indian Bank FASTag?
- How to Register for South Indian Bank FASTag online?
- How to Register for South Indian Bank FASTag offline?
- What are South Indian Bank FASTag Charges?
- South Indian Bank FASTag Charges
- How will you do South Indian Bank FASTag Recharge?
- What are the ways to get Logged in South Indian Bank FASTag Account?
- South Indian Bank FASTag Customer Login
- South Indian Bank FASTag Vendor Login
- How To Recharge South Indian Bank(SIB) Fastag Fastag Through PhonePe App
- How to Recharge South Indian Bank Fastag Through Google pay App
Indian roads and especially highways have become really good in the last few years. The infrastructure of the roads have been improved to a great extent which provides uninterrupted traffic flows without any jams on the roads. If you are a frequent traveller, you might not face any problems on these roads and can have a smooth journey, but still there were some things which were not under our control and usually you would hate during your journeys. One of such problems travellers face was long queues at toll plazas across the highway, which would waste a lot of time waiting for your turn. But now the government has introduced FASTag for vehicles which have been made mandatory for four wheelers from December 2019. More than 600+ toll plazas across the country are equipped with FASTag. Let us get to know about what is FASTag, benefits of FASTag, how to get FASTag for your vehicles and when is your FASTag blacklisted.
What is FASTag?
The government of India with the help of National Payments Corporation of India has developed the NETC program which refers to National Electronic Toll Collection. This programs allows collection of toll tax without any human intervention. This program is also known as FASTag which help to reduce the rush at toll plazas across the. The FASTag is device which uses RFID technology that is Radio Frequency Identification which will deduct the toll charges automatically when the vehicle will pass through FASTag lane of toll plaza. The FASTag sticker is applied on the front windscreen of the four wheelers and when they will pass through toll, money will be auto debited from the FASTag account linked with the vehicle.
Things to know about FASTag
Though FASTag is easy and convenient method to pay your toll tax without any human intervention, but still there are some points about the technology which are necessary to know before you move your vehicle on highways:
- FASTag can be used at any toll plaza across the country irrespective of the fact that whosoever is the acquirer of toll plaza.
- FASTag is affixed on front windscreen of the four wheeler.
- If you own more than one four wheeler, you will have to have separate FASTag for both the vehicles. You cannot use same FASTag for multiple vehicles.
- Once you have purchased a FASTag for a vehicle, it will be valid for 5 years. You can recharge the FASTag as per the requirement after the initial buying of the FASTag.
- FASTag can be recharged online through netbanking, UPI, debit cards, credit cards and paytm. Minimum amount to recharge FASTag is Rs100 and maximum amount is Rs 1,00,000.
- You should always buy FASTag from trusted banking partners only.
- You should never buy a FASTag from the company which asks to link your bank account. You should always used prepaid service for the FASTag.
What are the benefits of using FASTag?
The FASTag have many advantages for the for wheeler owners. The benefits of FASTag are listed below:
One of the best advantages by making FASTag compulsory is the tension of having an exact change at toll plazas. The transaction will be cashless and money will be automatically debited from your FASTag wallets.
Mobile Alerts through SMS
Whenever you will pass through any toll plaza, you will receive sms alerts on your registered mobile numbers when money will be deducted from FASTag. You will also receive alerts for low balance in your FASTag wallet.
Faster Moving on Highway
Thus it also reduces the travelling time from one place to another as it will reduce human intervention saving your precious time.
For promoting FASTag government is providing very good cashback offers for the users. Currently they are providing 2.5% cashback for every transaction through FASTag wallet.
How to buy FASTags?
FASTags can be bought from various sources . Many nationalized and private banks are providing the facility to create a FASTag account. Moreover, some of the payment wallets such as paytm are also issuing the FASTag for the four wheelers. You can also buy FASTag at toll plazas, where they have a Point of sale (POS) which will help in getting FASTag.
Here is the list of banks which are providing FASTag accounts:
List of Banks Providing FASTags Account
|Bank||Customer Care Helpline
||Tag issuance charge|
|Airtel Payments Bank||400||Rs. 100
|EQUITAS SMALL FINANCE BANK||1800 103 1222||Rs. 100
|IDFC FIRST Bank||1800-266-9970||₹200 including service tax|
|PAYTM Payments Bank||1800-102-6480||Rs. 100|
|State Bank of India||1800-11-0018||Rs. 100|
|Axis Bank Ltd||1800-419-8585||Rs. 200 + service tax|
|Federal Bank||1800-266-9520||Rs. 100|
|Indusind Bank||1860 -500- 5004||Rs.200|
|Punjab and Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993||Rs. 200|
|Syndicate Bank||1800-425-0585||Rs. 200|
|Bank of Baroda||1800-103-4568||Rs. 84.74 + GST|
|FINO Payments Bank||1860-266-3466||Rs.100 + GST|
|Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916||Rs.100|
|Punjab National Bank||080-67295310||Rs.100|
|Union Bank of India||1800- 22- 22 44||Rs.100|
|HDFC Bank||1800-120-1243||Rs. 200|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-300-69090||Rs. 100|
|Saraswat Co-operative Bank||1800-266-9545||Rs.100|
|Yes Bank Ltd||1800 -1200||Rs.100|
|City Union Bank Ltd||1800-258-7200||Rs. 200|
|ICICI Bank||1800-2100-104||Rs. 99.12|
|Nagapur Nagarik Sahakari Bank||1800 -266- 7183||Rs 100|
|South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809||Rs 100|
A person can also buy the FASTag from the automobile company from where he is going to buy his four wheeler and they will install the FASTag on their new vehicles.
Documents Required for the Application of FASTag
Whenever you are going to buy a FASTag account, you will require some documents along with their photostat copy. Here is the list of the documents you will need when buying a FASTag for your vehicle:
- RC of the vehicle for which you are going to have FASTag.
- The user will also require to submit the passport size photograph of vehicle owner.
- You will need a document for KYC which is any one of these – driving license, adhar card, Pan Card, Voter Id and Passport.
How FASTag Works?
Here are the steps where we will learn how does FASTag transaction works when it is initiated at toll plaza through RFID reader:
- A vehicle will pass through FASTag lane where RFID device will capture FASTag details which includes ID of the tag, Class of the vehicle and TID which is sent to the bank for processing.
- The bank will further initiate a request to NETC Mapper which will validate the tag details.
- After the Tag ID is validated by NETC, the mapper will send details which are vehicle class, tag status and VRN. IF the mapper is unable to locate Tag, it will return a response that particular TAG ID is not registered.
- Thus the bank will calculate the toll fare and a debit request is initiated towards NETC.
- After that The NETC will forward the request to bank which has issued FASTag to debit from FASTag account of user.
- Now the money will be deducted by the host and the user will receive an SMS alert. The host will also send the message to NETC.
This is how FASTag will deduct the money from your account and you can travel hassle free.
If you pass through any toll plaza and your FASTag wallet is out of money, your FASTag wallet is usually blacklisted for 48 hours, if you use the FASTag lane for crossing the toll gate. Your FASTag account will only be reactivated with the intervention of NHAI helpdesk in case you are travelling. You can also call on NHAI customer helpline number which is 1033 for reactivating card.
Usually when a person buys a FASTag Rs 200 is added as a security deposit which can be used during emergencies. If in case you have exhausted your main FASTag wallet account, the amount can be deducted from the security deposit. And again when you will recharge your wallet, firstly money will get added as a security deposit which you have used and rest of the amount will get deposited in your main FASTag wallet.
How to Use FASTag?
Now we are aware of FASTag, we will see how the FASTag works when a vehicles enters toll plaza:
- First of all when your vehicle enters FASTag lane, RFID reader on the lane will auto detect your FASTag and deduct the amount from your FASTag wallet.
- You will get a confirmation receipt on your email and also an alert message on your phone linked with tag.
- Once the money is deducted from your tag you will get a green signal and you can successfully pass through the plaza without any hassle.
FASTag Common Problems
Everything has its pros and cons. Pros are already explained and now we will see what are the difficulties one can face while using FASTag.
Sometimes when you will pass your vehicle through FASTag lane, the RFID reader might not detect the FASTag of your vehicle. You might need to move your vehicle little backward and forward and you must also ensure that FASTag is correctly placed on your vehicle so that it’s easily detectable.
If your FASTag is still not detected than a man on toll plaza will come with handheld RFID reader to detect your tag. There are some disadvantages of these hand-held devices:
- They are faulty at some times.
- They need to be charged after 5-6 hours.
Some companies are deducting the FASTag charges if you are not using in the name of FASTag event. So don’t buy FASTag from such companies. As FASTag is a prepaid wallet you don’t need to link your bank account with FASTag.
South Indian FASTag customer care
How to Buy South Indian Bank FASTag?
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has made a partnership with South Indian Bank to issue the Fastag for its customers. Fastag has been helping people to cruise through the toll plaza across highways without getting to wait in long queues and making the journeys more time saving and pleasant. The toll plaza fees at the highways will be automatically deducted when vehicles pass through as RFID readers at plaza will retrieve the information of the vehicle. Most of the toll plazas which are located on national and state highways have been equipped with FASTag.
How to Register for South Indian Bank FASTag online?
The process is really simple if you want to apply for South Indian Bank Fastag. They have created a portal for the users from where one can apply for the FASTag online. Here are the steps which you need to follow to apply for the South Indian Bank FASTag:
- Go To South Indian Bank FASTag Portal.
- Click on the “Register” button which will take you to FASTag application form.
- Fill all the details as being mentioned in the form.
- After filling in personal details you will move to vehicle registration form where you will enter the vehicle number for which you are applying FASTag.
- Add the KYC documents details which you will submit while registration.
- After that you need to upload a scanned copy of RC of the four wheeler for which FASTag is being applied.
- After completing the form, verify the details and then submit your form.
- Pay the application fees and your FASTag application is complete which will get delivered at your doorsteps after speculated time.
How to Register for South Indian Bank FASTag offline?
The South Indian Bank provides the facility to apply for the FASTag offline by visiting points of sale location of the bank which are located at toll plazas on national and state highways. You can also visit the branches of the bank and take the application form from the banking representative. Fill the application form and submit it in the bank by paying the required fees. Your FASTag will be issued on the spot and will be applied on the front windscreen of your vehicle.
What are South Indian Bank FASTag Charges?
The toll charges for different vehicles will incur different FASTag charges. It depends whether you have a SUV, MUV, bus, truck or any other heavy equipment vehicle. There will be onboarding fees for the FASTag which is Rs 100 irrespective of vehicle class. After that you have to pay a Security deposit and threshold value which will vary according to vehicle class. You can check the South Indian Bank FASTag charges in the table mentioned below.
South Indian Bank FASTag Charges
|Vehicle Class||Vehicle Type||On Boarding Fee||Security Deposit||Threshold Value|
|VC4||Car or SUV or MINI LCV||100||200||100|
|VC6||3 AXL Truck or Bus||100||400||300|
|VC7||Bus or Truck||100||400||300|
|VC12||4 to 6 AXL Truck or Bus||100||500||300|
|VC15||7 or More AXL Truck||100||500||300|
|VC16||HCM or EME like JCB||100||500||300|
How will you do South Indian Bank FASTag Recharge?
South Indian Bank FASTag recharge can be done online by visiting the FASTag interface of South Indian Bank.
- Go to the FASTag page of South Indian Bank.
- Then there will link to “Customer Login” and click there to get to your FASTag dashboard.
- Then you will get the option to enter your mobile number which is also your login id and the enter captcha as shown in the block.
- After that click on generate otp which you will receive on your registered mobile number.
- Fill in the OTP and you get into your FASTag dashboard.
- Go to the “Recharge” tab and enter the payment amount by which you want to recharge your FASTag account.
Recharge can be done offline by paying cash at bank locations and point of sale outlets at the toll plazas.
What are the ways to get Logged in South Indian Bank FASTag Account?
South Indian Bank offers two types of login depending upon the user type. The two logins which SIB provides are
- Customer Login
- Vendor Login
South Indian Bank FASTag Customer Login
- Visit the South Indian Bank FASTag website.
- Enter your mobile number and generate otp.
- Fill in the otp and access your FASTag account to view all the related details of your account.
South Indian Bank FASTag Vendor Login
Various vendors have tied up with South Indian Bank to issue FASTag to people through the bank’s website. They can login to south INdian Bank FASTag account by clicking on “Bank/Vendor Login.” Rest of the procedure is the same as that of Customer Login.
South Indian Bank Fastag Customer Care
If you have any query regarding your South Indian Bank FASTag . you can contact the South Indian Bank FASTag helpline number at:
South Indian Bank FASTag Helpline Number: 1800 425 1809
You can also reach out to the bank with the help of email.
How to change Fastag’s mobile number?
No, we cannot change the Fastag mobile number. As the e-mail id and mobile number are registered at the time when the customer is making their Fastag for the first time. However, if the customer wants to change the vehicle registration number (VRN)then they can share their vehicle RC scans.
How to change a Fastag account from one bank to another
It is an easy process to change a FASTag account from one bank to another, you just need to follow the below mentioned steps: 1. If the customer’s Fastag is linked with the Paytm wallet, which is in turn connected with another bank, then he/she can change the bank account and recharge the wallet from the new bank account. 2. However, in case if the customer’s Fastag is linked with the Paytm bank account, then by changing the bank, he/she also needs to cancel the Paytm linked Fastag as well.
What to do with Fastag when selling a car?
If you have sold/transfer your car, you are requested to inform your issuing source or bank and close the account as soon as possible.
How to Recharge South Indian Bank(SIB) Fastag Through PhonePe App
- Login your PhonePe app on your Mobile
- You will Recharge section at the top.
- Select Fastag Recharge option on 2nd number
- You will see almost all Fastag operators in list.
- Select your ban operator from the list
- Next: It will ask for Vehicle number so enter you vehicle number
- Add you Fastga to PhonePe account .
- Enter recharge amount proceed for payment
- Complete the payment.
How to Recharge South Indian Bank Fastag Through Google pay App
- Open your Google Pay application.
- From the bottom of your screen, swipe up to find the Fastag.
- Click on FASTag Icon and then Make payment.
- Choose the FASTag account that you want to send money to.
- Enter the Recharge amount.
- To confirm, tap the Tick mark.
- Complete the payment.