Table of Contents
- What is FASTag?
- Things to know about FASTag
- What are the benefits of using FASTag?
- Cashless Payments
- Mobile Alerts through SMS
- FASTag Online Recharge
- Faster Moving on Highway
- Cashback Offers
- How to buy FASTags?
- Documents Required for the Application of FASTag
- How FASTag Works?
- List of Banks Providing FASTags Account
- FASTag Blacklisted
- How to Use FASTag?
- FASTag Common Problems
- Bank Of Baroda Fastag Registration?
- Documents Required For Bank Of Baroda Fastag Registration?
- Bank Of Baroda Fastag Charges?
- Bank Of Baroda Fastag Tag Issuance Charges
- Bank Of Baroda Fastag Charges
- Bank Of Baroda Fastag Customer Login
- Recharge Bank Of Baroda Fastag
- Recharge Bank of Baroda FASTag with UPI?
- Bank Of Baroda Fastag Customer Care
- How To Recharge Bank of Baroda Fastag Fastag Through PhonePe App
- How to Recharge Bank of Baroda Fastag Through Google pay App
Indian roads and especially highways have become really good in the last few years. The infrastructure of the roads have been improved to a great extent which provides uninterrupted traffic flows without any jams on the roads. If you are a frequent traveller, you might not face any problems on these roads and can have a smooth journey, but still there were some things which were not under our control and usually you would hate during your journeys. One of such problems travellers face was long queues at toll plazas across the highway, which would waste a lot of time waiting for your turn. But now the government has introduced FASTag for vehicles which have been made mandatory for four wheelers from December 2019. More than 600+ toll plazas across the country are equipped with FASTag. Let us get to know about what is FASTag, benefits of FASTag, how to get FASTag for your vehicles and when is your FASTag blacklisted.
What is FASTag?
The government of India with the help of National Payments Corporation of India has developed the NETC program which refers to National Electronic Toll Collection. This programs allows collection of toll tax without any human intervention. This program is also known as FASTag which help to reduce the rush at toll plazas across the. The FASTag is device which uses RFID technology that is Radio Frequency Identification which will deduct the toll charges automatically when the vehicle will pass through FASTag lane of toll plaza. The FASTag sticker is applied on the front windscreen of the four wheelers and when they will pass through toll, money will be auto debited from the FASTag account linked with the vehicle.
Things to know about FASTag
Though FASTag is easy and convenient method to pay your toll tax without any human intervention, but still there are some points about the technology which are necessary to know before you move your vehicle on highways:
- FASTag can be used at any toll plaza across the country irrespective of the fact that whosoever is the acquirer of toll plaza.
- FASTag is affixed on front windscreen of the four wheeler.
- If you own more than one four wheeler, you will have to have separate FASTag for both the vehicles. You cannot use same FASTag for multiple vehicles.
- Once you have purchased a FASTag for a vehicle, it will be valid for 5 years. You can recharge the FASTag as per the requirement after the initial buying of the FASTag.
- FASTag can be recharged online through netbanking, UPI, debit cards, credit cards and paytm. Minimum amount to recharge FASTag is Rs100 and maximum amount is Rs 1,00,000.
- You should always buy FASTag from trusted banking partners only.
- You should never buy a FASTag from the company which asks to link your bank account. You should always used prepaid service for the FASTag.
What are the benefits of using FASTag?
The FASTag have many advantages for the for wheeler owners. The benefits of FASTag are listed below:
One of the best advantages by making FASTag compulsory is the tension of having an exact change at toll plazas. The transaction will be cashless and money will be automatically debited from your FASTag wallets.
Mobile Alerts through SMS
Whenever you will pass through any toll plaza, you will receive sms alerts on your registered mobile numbers when money will be deducted from FASTag. You will also receive alerts for low balance in your FASTag wallet.
This is one of the best advantages of having FASTag. You can recharge it anytime using debit cards, net banking and UPI.
Faster Moving on Highway
Thus it also reduces the travelling time from one place to another as it will reduce human intervention saving your precious time.
For promoting FASTag government is providing very good cashback offers for the users. Currently they are providing 2.5% cashback for every transaction through FASTag wallet.
How to buy FASTags?
FASTags can be bought from various sources . Many nationalized and private banks are providing the facility to create a FASTag account. Moreover, some of the payment wallets such as paytm are also issuing the FASTag for the four wheelers. You can also buy FASTag at toll plazas, where they have a Point of sale (POS) which will help in getting FASTag.
Here is the list of banks which are providing FASTag accounts:
List of Banks Providing FASTags Account
|Bank||Customer Care Helpline
||Tag issuance charge|
|Airtel Payments Bank||400||Rs. 100
|EQUITAS SMALL FINANCE BANK||1800 103 1222||Rs. 100
|IDFC FIRST Bank||1800-266-9970||₹200 including service tax|
|PAYTM Payments Bank||1800-102-6480||Rs. 100|
|State Bank of India||1800-11-0018||Rs. 100|
|Axis Bank Ltd||1800-419-8585||Rs. 200 + service tax|
|Federal Bank||1800-266-9520||Rs. 100|
|Indusind Bank||1860 -500- 5004||Rs.200|
|Punjab and Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993||Rs. 200|
|Syndicate Bank||1800-425-0585||Rs. 200|
|Bank of Baroda||1800-103-4568||Rs. 84.74 + GST|
|FINO Payments Bank||1860-266-3466||Rs.100 + GST|
|Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916||Rs.100|
|Punjab National Bank||080-67295310||Rs.100|
|Union Bank of India||1800- 22- 22 44||Rs.100|
|HDFC Bank||1800-120-1243||Rs. 200|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-300-69090||Rs. 100|
|Saraswat Co-operative Bank||1800-266-9545||Rs.100|
|Yes Bank Ltd||1800 -1200||Rs.100|
|City Union Bank Ltd||1800-258-7200||Rs. 200|
|ICICI Bank||1800-2100-104||Rs. 99.12|
|Nagapur Nagarik Sahakari Bank||1800 -266- 7183||Rs 100|
|South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809||Rs 100|
A person can also buy the FASTag from the automobile company from where he is going to buy his four wheeler and they will install the FASTag on their new vehicles.
Documents Required for the Application of FASTag
Whenever you are going to buy a FASTag account, you will require some documents along with their photostat copy. Here is the list of the documents you will need when buying a FASTag for your vehicle:
- RC of the vehicle for which you are going to have FASTag.
- The user will also require to submit the passport size photograph of vehicle owner.
- You will need a document for KYC which is any one of these – driving license, adhar card, Pan Card, Voter Id and Passport.
How FASTag Works?
Here are the steps where we will learn how does FASTag transaction works when it is initiated at toll plaza through RFID reader:
- A vehicle will pass through FASTag lane where RFID device will capture FASTag details which includes ID of the tag, Class of the vehicle and TID which is sent to the bank for processing.
- The bank will further initiate a request to NETC Mapper which will validate the tag details.
- After the Tag ID is validated by NETC, the mapper will send details which are vehicle class, tag status and VRN. IF the mapper is unable to locate Tag, it will return a response that particular TAG ID is not registered.
- Thus the bank will calculate the toll fare and a debit request is initiated towards NETC.
- After that The NETC will forward the request to bank which has issued FASTag to debit from FASTag account of user.
- Now the money will be deducted by the host and the user will receive an SMS alert. The host will also send the message to NETC.
This is how FASTag will deduct the money from your account and you can travel hassle free.
If you pass through any toll plaza and your FASTag wallet is out of money, your FASTag wallet is usually blacklisted for 48 hours, if you use the FASTag lane for crossing the toll gate. Your FASTag account will only be reactivated with the intervention of NHAI helpdesk in case you are travelling. You can also call on NHAI customer helpline number which is 1033 for reactivating card.
Usually when a person buys a FASTag Rs 200 is added as a security deposit which can be used during emergencies. If in case you have exhausted your main FASTag wallet account, the amount can be deducted from the security deposit. And again when you will recharge your wallet, firstly money will get added as a security deposit which you have used and rest of the amount will get deposited in your main FASTag wallet.
How to Use FASTag?
Now we are aware of FASTag, we will see how the FASTag works when a vehicles enters toll plaza:
- First of all when your vehicle enters FASTag lane, RFID reader on the lane will auto detect your FASTag and deduct the amount from your FASTag wallet.
- You will get a confirmation receipt on your email and also an alert message on your phone linked with tag.
- Once the money is deducted from your tag you will get a green signal and you can successfully pass through the plaza without any hassle.
FASTag Common Problems
Everything has its pros and cons. Pros are already explained and now we will see what are the difficulties one can face while using FASTag.
Sometimes when you will pass your vehicle through FASTag lane, the RFID reader might not detect the FASTag of your vehicle. You might need to move your vehicle little backward and forward and you must also ensure that FASTag is correctly placed on your vehicle so that it’s easily detectable.
If your FASTag is still not detected than a man on toll plaza will come with handheld RFID reader to detect your tag. There are some disadvantages of these hand-held devices:
- They are faulty at some times.
- They need to be charged after 5-6 hours.
Some companies are deducting the FASTag charges if you are not using in the name of FASTag event. So don’t buy FASTag from such companies. As FASTag is a prepaid wallet you don’t need to link your bank account with FASTag.
What is the Process for Bank of Baroda FASTag Registration?
Bank of Baroda in collaboration with NPCI under guidelines of NHAI and IHMCL have been assigned the task of issuing FASTag to its customers. Bank of baroda FASTAg registration can be done by following the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the bank of baroda FASTAg url and then click on “Buy Now“. You can directly visit the link by clicking here.
- After that you will see an application form in a new window.
- You need to select whether you are applying as an individual or corporate.
- Fill all your details as mentioned in the form of bank of baroda FASTAg form.
- After the first form, in the next tab there will be a form named “Contact” where you will have to add all the fields related to your address, mobile number and other contact details where your FASTAg will be delivered and you will receive notification about bob FASTag.
- The next form is “GST Details” which you need to fill if you are applying it as a corporate account.
- After that add the vehicles in the “Vehicles” tab for which you are going to apply for the FASTAg.
- Then you will be redirected to “Payment” tab and you can see the amount to be paid according to the vehicle class.
- Complete the Payment and after payment confirmation, your FASTag will be delivered to your mentioned address after some days..
You can also register for Bank of Baroda FASTag by visiting the branches of the bank and submitting the offline application along with all the required documents to the banking representative. You can also download the Bank of Baroda FaSTAg registration application form by visiting the link.
What are the documents required for Bank of Baroda FASTag Registration?
The Bank of Baroda FASTag can be registering by providing the given documents if you are applying as an individual:
Registration Certificate of the vehicle.
Passport size photograph of the owner of the vehicle .
KYC documents as per the category of the vehicle owner which can be a driving license, passport, aadhar card, voter card or PAN CArd.
If you are applying as an corporate customer the documents required are shown in the table given below:
Bank of Baroda FASTag Registration Documents Required For Corporate Customers
|Regd. Companies||Multinational Co.||Partnership Firms||Proprietary Firms|
|Certificate of Incorporation||Certificate of Incorporation / Commencement of business certificate / permission letter from the relevant authority (like RBI, ROC, etc).||Partnership deed or registration certificate of the firm||PAN Card of Proprietor|
|List of Directors with addresses||List of Directors with addresses||Name and Address of Partners||Shop Act or other Firm Proof|
|PAN Card of the corporate||PAN Card of the corporate||PAN Card of the corporate||Address Proof of the Proprietor|
|Photo Id of signing authority||Photo Id of signing authority||Photo Id of signing authority|
|Address Proof of the Organisation||Address Proof of the Organisation||Address Proof of the Organisation|
|Board Resolution/ Letter signed by Director authorizing a person to transact on behalf of the company||Board Resolution/ Letter signed by Director authorizing a person to transact on behalf of the company|
What are the Bank of Baroda FASTag charges?
The bank of baroda charges one time issuance fees of the tag which is Rs 100 across all the classes of vehicles. The refundable security deposit and minimum recharge amount depends on the class of the vehicle which are the necessary charges for the activation of the tag. The Bank of Baroda FASTag charges for the different vehicles can be viewed in the table mentioned below:
Bank of Baroda FASTag Tag Issuance Charges:
|Tag joining fee*||84.74|
Bank of Baroda FASTag Charges
|Vehicle Class||Description||Tag Deposit (Rs.)||Threshold Amount (Rs.)|
|5||Light Commercial vehicle 2-axle||300.00||140.00|
|10||Truck 2 – axle||400.00||300.00|
|11||Truck 3 – axle||500.00||300.00|
|12||Truck 4 – axle||500.00||300.00|
|13||Truck 5 – axle||500.00||300.00|
|14||Truck 6 – axle||500.00||300.00|
|15||Truck Multi axle ( 7 and above)||500.00||300.00|
|16||Earth Moving Machinery||500.00||300.00|
|17||Heavy Construction machinery||500.00||300.00|
|20||Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||200.00||100.00|
How can I access my Bank of Baroda FASTag Customer login?
Bank of Baroda has provided its users an interface to check into their FASTag account where they can visit their bob FASTag portal and view all their transaction carried out on their FASTag account while continuing their journey on the national highways. Here are the steps to visit your Bank of Baroda FASTag customer login :
- Go to the Bank of Baroda FASTag URL and click on login.
- Enter your USER ID and Password and fill in the captcha to get logged in into your bob FASTag portal.
- After the login you can view every detail related to your FASatg like balance, amount of toll deducted on your journey.
- You can also raise a dispute related to any unrelated transaction by clicking on “Service Request -> Generate Service Request“. Then select the type of dispute and raise a complaint through the bank of baroda fastag customer login.
- If you want to close your FASTag account select “Closure Request” under “Service Request -> Generate Service Request” to close your FASTag account.
How can I Recharge my Bank of Baroda FASTag?
The Bank of Baroda FASTag can be recharged online by various payment methods such as credit card, debit card, netbanking and UPI. It can also be recharged by visiting BOB FASTag Portal and entering your username and password. The minimum amount by which tag can be recharged is Rs 100 whereas maximum amount is Rs 1,00,000 for KYC account holders and Rs 10,000 for non KYC FASTag accounts.
How can I Recharge my Bank of Baroda FASTag with UPI?
The bank of baroda have provided the UPI Handle by which you can recharge your Bank of Baroda FASTag account.
Bank of Baroda Recharge BY UPI Address: netc.VRN@barodampay or netc.chassisno@barodampay. where VRN is the registration number of the vehicle.
How to contact Bank of Baroda Customer Care?
You can contact Bank of Baroda FASTag customer care for any problem related to your bob FASTag. The bank has provided the helpline number to contact whenever their customer needs any assistance with their FASTag account. You can contact bank of baroda FASTag customer care number which is toll free provided below:
Bank of Baroda FASTag Customer Care Number : 1800 103 4568
If you need any help related to your bob fastag username id and password or you forgot your username and password then you need to call at 1800 103 4560.
How to change Fastag’s mobile number?
No, we cannot change the Fastag mobile number. As the e-mail id and mobile number are registered at the time when the customer is making their Fastag for the first time. However, if the customer wants to change the vehicle registration number (VRN)then they can share their vehicle RC scans.
How to change a Fastag account from one bank to another
It is an easy process to change a FASTag account from one bank to another, you just need to follow the below mentioned steps: 1. If the customer’s Fastag is linked with the Paytm wallet, which is in turn connected with another bank, then he/she can change the bank account and recharge the wallet from the new bank account. 2. However, in case if the customer’s Fastag is linked with the Paytm bank account, then by changing the bank, he/she also needs to cancel the Paytm linked Fastag as well.
What to do with Fastag when selling a car?
If you have sold/transfer your car, you are requested to inform your issuing source or bank and close the account as soon as possible.
How To Recharge Bank of Baroda Fastag Through PhonePe App
- Login your PhonePe app on your Mobile
- You will Recharge section at the top.
- Select Fastag Recharge option on 2nd number
- You will see almost all Fastag operators in list.
- Select your ban operator from the list
- Next: It will ask for Vehicle number so enter you vehicle number
- Add you Fastga to PhonePe account .
- Enter recharge amount proceed for payment
- Complete the payment.
How to Recharge Bank of Baroda Fastag Through Google pay App
- Open your Google Pay application.
- From the bottom of your screen, swipe up to find the Fastag.
- Click on FASTag Icon and then Make payment.
- Choose the FASTag account that you want to send money to.
- Enter the Recharge amount.
- To confirm, tap the Tick mark.
- Complete the payment.