Apply for an HSRP Number Plate for an Old Vehicle in Chhattisgarh – Benefits, Registration Process, and more!
Introduced by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway in 2001, the HSRP (High-Security Registration Plate) is made of 1mm of special aluminum and laminated with white or yellow reflective sheets. As per CMVR 1989 Act Rule 50, Indians must have HSRP Number Plate for Old Vehicle (vehicles sold/registered/manufactured before April 2019) in 2023, along with color-coded fuel stickers. Motor vehicles (both two-wheelers and four-wheelers) sold after April 2019 now come with HSRP plates from the dealer’s end, but people already having vehicles before the said date have to get their new HSRP plate installed from their dealers as it has become mandatory for all.
HSRP Plate 2024- Highlights
|High-Security Registration Plate (HSRP)
|The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH) and The Government of India
|Two-wheeler- Rs. 400
Four-Wheeler- Rs. 1100 (varies depending on the vehicle category)
|Available at present
|Mode of application
|Online and Offline
HSRP Number Plate Registration- Benefits
- The plates are traceable, therefore it will be easy to identify the stolen vehicles.
- Installing HSRP minimizes the making or issuing of Duplicate Number plates.
- Vehicle registration data can be easily available to Enforcement Agencies, which will be helpful in traffic management.
- HSRP plates are tamper-proof and come with non-removable snap-on locks, which make them difficult to replace.
- Through the HSRP plate, maintaining a web-based centralized database for the government becomes simplified.
- The HSRP Number Plate can help trace a vehicle in case it gets stolen.
- In the case of an accident, anyone can check the vehicle owner’s details through the HSRP plate.
- Details of the vehicle (such as Registration Number, Engine Number, Chassis Number, etc.) can easily be available due to HSRP.
Chhattisgarh HSRP Registration Fee
- The HSRP registration fees for two-wheelers are Rs. 400.
- HSRP registration fee for four-wheelers is Rs. 1100, however, the amount depends totally upon the category of a four-wheeler.
The process to Apply for HSRP (Number Plate) in Chhattisgarh for Old Vehicles
Now, HSRP is available to old vehicles, i.e., vehicles registered or purchased before 1st April 2019. As per the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, the HSRP plate is mandatory for all vehicles
Individuals who have purchased their vehicles prior to 1st April 2019 can follow the below-mentioned steps to get an HSRP Number Plate affixed.
Step 1: Visit www.bookmyhsrp.com
Step 2: Choose a booking option (whether you want an HSRP Number Plate with a color-coded sticker or only a sticker).
Step 3: Provide the details in regard to vehicle class (whether the vehicle is for private or commercial use).
Step 4: Choose the correct category of the fuel type (Petrol, Diesel, EV, CNG, CNG + Petrol).
Step 5: Furnish the details regarding vehicle type (2-wheelers/4-wheelers, Heavy, and Other Vehicle types).
Step 6: Then, the select vehicle makes (Maruti Suzuki, Honda, Kia, Tata, etc.).
Step 7: Choose Chhattisgarh as the state of the vehicle.
Step 8: Enter the registered phone number (RMN), name of the vehicle owner, Chassis name, Bharat stage, and other details.
Step 9: Provide details of the Dealer/Home affiliation (nearby Dealership in the locality where you want to affix your HSRP number plate or Home address where you want to get HSRP installed and delivered).
Step 10: Fill in the remaining information and ensure that the details you have provided are correct, then hit submit.
Step 11: Confirm with the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
Step 12: Select a suitable date & time slot to fix a meeting with the dealer.
Step 13: Make an online payment to process the application.
Step 14: Provide the GST number if you are registered under GST.
Step 15: Upon successful completion, order confirmation details will be sent to you through SMS/E-mail.
How do you check the Chhattisgarh HSRP Registration Status?
Track the status of your HSRP Chhattisgarh Registration by following the below-mentioned steps-
- The first step is to visit the online HSRP portal or official transport site of the state you reside in.
- On the homepage, you will find a link for “Check HSRP Status.”
- After selecting it, a login page will appear on your screen.
- In order to log in, you will be asked to provide details, including vehicle number and chassis number, among other information about the state-wise official site.
- Upon successful login, the HSRP registration status will appear on the screen.
Get Your HSRP Here for Any State in India
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands
|Daman & Diu
|Jammu and Kashmir