Apply for an HSRP Number Plate for an Old Vehicle in Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu Benefits, Registration Process, and more!
Introduced by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway in 2001, HSRP (High-Security Registration Plate) is made of 1mm special aluminum and laminated by white or yellow reflective sheets. As per CMVR 1989 Act Rule 50, Indians must have HSRP Number Plate for Old Vehicle (vehicles sold/registered/manufactured before April 2019) in 2023, along with color-coded fuel stickers. Motor vehicles (both two-wheelers and four-wheelers) sold after April 2019 now come with HSRP plates from the dealer’s end, but people already having vehicles before the said date have to get their new HSRP plate installed from their dealers as it has become mandatory for all.
HSRP Plate 2023- Highlights
|Article Name||High-Security Registration Plate (HSRP)|
|Introduced by||The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH) and The Government of India|
|Registration fee||Two-wheeler- Rs. 400|
Four-Wheeler- Rs. 1100 (varies depending on the vehicle category)
|Available for||PAN India|
|Registration||Available at present|
|Mode of application||Online and Offline|
HSRP Number Plate Registration- Benefits
- The plates are traceable, therefore it will be easy to identify the stolen vehicles.
- Installing HSRP minimizes the making or issuing of Duplicate Number plates.
- Vehicle registration data can be easily available to Enforcement Agencies, which will be helpful in traffic management.
- HSRP plates are tamper-proof and come with non-removable snap-on locks, due to which it is difficult to replace.
- Through the HSRP plate, maintaining a web-based centralized database for the government becomes simplified.
- The HSRP Number Plate can help trace a vehicle in case it gets stolen.
- In the case of an accident, through the HSRP plate, anyone can check the details of the vehicle owner.
- Details of the vehicle (such as Registration Number, Engine Number, Chassis Number, etc.) can easily be available due to HSRP.
HSRP Registration Fee
- The HSRP registration fees for two-wheelers are Rs. 400.
- HSRP registration fee for four-wheelers is Rs. 1100, however, the amount depends totally upon the category of a four-wheeler.
The process to Apply for HSRP (Number Plate) in Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu for Old Vehicles
Now HSRP is available to old vehicles, i.e. vehicles registered or purchased before 1st April 2019. As per the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, the HSRP plate is mandatory for all vehicles
Individuals who have purchased their vehicles prior to 1st April 2019, can follow the below-mentioned steps to get an HSRP Number Plate affixed.
Step 1: Visit www.bookmyhsrp.com
Step 2: Choose a booking option (whether you want HSRP Number Plate with a color-coded sticker or only a sticker).
Step 3: Provide the details in regards to vehicle class (whether the vehicle is for Private or Commercial use).
Step 4: Choose the correct category of the fuel type (Petrol, Diesel, EV, CNG, CNG + Petrol).
Step 5: Furnish the details regarding vehicle type (2-wheelers/4-wheelers, Heavy, and Other Vehicle types).
Step 6: Then, the select vehicle makes (Maruti Suzuki, Honda, Kia, Tata, etc.).
Step 7: Choose Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu as the state of the vehicle.
Step 8: Enter the registered phone number (RMN), name of the vehicle owner, Chassis name, Bharat stage, and other details.
Step 9: Provide details of the Dealer/Home Affixation (nearby Dealership in the locality where you want to affix your HSRP number plate or Home address where you want to get HSRP installed and delivered).
Step 10: Fill in the remaining information and ensure that the details you have provided are correct, then hit submit.
Step 11: Confirm with the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
Step 12: Select a suitable date time slot to fix a meeting with the dealer.
Step 13: Make an online payment to process the application.
Step 14: Provide the GST number if you are registered under GST.
Step 15: Upon successful completion, order confirmation details will be sent to you through SMS/E-mail.
How to Check the HSRP Registration Status?
Track the status of your HSRP Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu Registration by following the below-mentioned steps-
- The first step is to visit the online HSRP portal or official transport site of the state you reside in.
- On the homepage, you will find a link for Check HSRP Status .
- After selecting it, a login page will appear on your screen.
- In order to log in, you will be asked to provide details, including vehicle number and chassis number, among other information about the state-wise official site.
- Upon successful login, the HSRP registration status will appear on the screen
Get Your HSRP Here for Any State in India
|State Name||Challan List|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Click here|
|Uttar Pradesh||Click here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click here|
|Madhya Pradesh||Click here|
|Tamil Nadu||Click here|
|West Bengal||Click here|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Click here|
|Daman & Diu||Click here|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Click here|