The demand for electric vehicles (EVs) is gaining popularity across the globe. Due to the fast depletion of fossil fuels, the automotive industry is also gravitating towards more eco-friendly technologies. In support, the Haryana government has come up with an EV subsidy policy as the number of vehicles in the state has been increasing rapidly over the last decade.
The state government of Haryana has approved a policy for EV subsidy. From pure EVs to hybrid cars and light electric vehicles such as e-carts/autos can avail the benefits of the scheme. The policy shall be valid for 5 years from the date of notification. The initiative is taken in support of the EV revolution and is a step to encourage buyers to adopt electric vehicles. It will also help in making Haryana a global hub for electric mobility development and manufacturing of EVs.
The Haryana EV subsidy policy not only benefits the EV buyers but manufacturing units as well. The state government has exempted all EV manufacturing units and battery charging operators from paying electricity duty for the first 10 years of business.
Let’s have a detailed look at what the Haryana government is offering under the EV subsidy policy.
Haryana Electric Vehicle Subsidy Policy- Highlights
|10th July 2022
|EV Subsidy Scheme Validity
|From Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh
|For Electric bikes/cars (purchased in HR)
|0172-2701344 (Toll-free number by Haryana Govt.)
Haryana Electric Vehicles (EVs) Subsidy Policy- Incentives
For Electric Cars/Light EVs below Rs. 15 lakhs
- Haryana state government offers a 15% subsidy for electric and hybrid vehicles priced under Rs. 15 lakhs. Buyers can avail of benefits with a cap of Rs. 3 lakhs.
- The first 2400 buyers of electric and hybrid cars purchased and registered in the state shall receive a subsidy of 15% on vehicles costing up to Rs. 10 lakh.
- Car models in this range include Tigor EV, EV versions of Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara & Hyryder.
For Electric Cars/Light EVs ranging between Rs. 15-40 lakhs
- Four-wheelers with a high price range are also provided with the same 15% subsidy. However, for EVs ranging between Rs. 15 lakh to Rs. 40 lakhs there is a cap of Rs. 6 lakhs. The subsidy benefit is applicable on the first 1000 units purchased and registered in the state.
- The subsidy policy would include car models such as Honda City, Nexon EVs, etc. In addition to that, the subsidy covers imported cars capped at Rs. 10 lakhs.
For Electric Cars/Light EVs ranging between Rs. 40-70 lakhs
The first 1000 units of EVs purchased and registered in the state shall receive a purchase incentive of 15% of the ex-showroom price of the vehicle up to Rs. 10 lakh.
For Electric Tractors for Farmers
The first 1000 units of e-tractors purchased in Haryana shall receive a subsidy incentive of 50% of the ex-showroom price of the vehicle up to Rs. 5 lakh.
For Electric Buses
The first 200 units of e-buses purchased in the state shall receive an incentive of 10% of the ex-showroom price of the vehicle up to Rs 10 lakh. Subsidy Incentives of 100 Electric buses shall be reserved for the use of state government and businesses owned by them.
Additional benefits under the EV Subsidy Policy in Haryana
- A subsidy incentive of Rs. 25,000 is available on the purchase of e-carts/rickshaws, whereas Rs. 50,000 is available for light electric motor vehicles. The incentive is only applicable within six months from the date of issuance of the EV subsidy policy.
- The Haryana government offers a subsidy of Rs. 75,000 for the purchase of EVs under Rs. 10 lakhs, whereas an incentive of Rs. 1 lakh is offered to vehicles priced above Rs. 10 lakhs. EV subsidy policy is only applicable for six months from the date of issuance.
- Electric vehicles purchased within Haryana will be 100% exempted from road tax and state toll tax, applicable throughout this policy. In addition to that, the state government will exempt SGST on the purchase of EVs manufactured within the state.
- State government employees can avail 100% interest-free loans on the purchase of EVs in Haryana.
Note: Keep in mind that the subsidy benefit may vary over time depending on various factors. So, it is advisable to keep a check on updated information.
How to Apply for Haryana EV Subsidy?
To encourage the adoption of EVs in Haryana, the state government has launched a dedicated EV subsidy portal to provide scheme benefits. Buyers can avail of incentives under the Haryana Electric Vehicle Policy 2022. EV buyers in Haryana are eligible to claim a subsidy claim within 45 days of buying an electric vehicle. Only EVs purchased and registered after 10 July 2022 will be incentivized. Follow the given steps to apply for an EV subsidy in Haryana.
- Visit the official Haryana EV portal at https://investharyana.in.
- Next, click on Login or Register (if you are a new user).
- Apply for the scheme incentive and submit the required documents, such as proof of income, residence, and other vehicle-related details.
- After completing the application process, wait for the approval. Once your application is processed and verified, you can claim the subsidy benefit.
How to Check the Status of Haryana EV Subsidy?
- Visit the Invest Haryana web portal
- Click on Login/Register using your username and password
- To get the information regarding your subsidy claim application, enter your vehicle number
- Next, click on check application status.
Check Electric Vehicle Subsidy for other states
|Electric Vehicle Subsidy List
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands
|Daman & Diu