There is no doubt that electric vehicles are the road to a sustainable future. And with generous government subsidies for the purchase of EVs, the national capital has successfully adopted the trend. Buying an electric vehicle not only helps in reducing the overall cost of the vehicle but also aids in making an eco-friendly environment for us by reducing carbon emissions.
Introduced in 2020 by the Delhi government, the Electric Vehicle subsidy policy aims to increase the market share of EVs by 25% in the city by 2024. Till now, over 1.12 lakh electric vehicles have been sold under the policy. With the highest number of electric vehicles being sold in the city, Delhi has become India’s electric vehicle capital. Since the EV subsidy policy has completed its three years, the transport department is in the process of planning a rollout 2.0 soon. The existing electric vehicle policy subsidy benefits have been extended and will continue to be in effect till the notification of a new policy.
Let us have a detailed look at Delhi’s electric vehicle subsidy policy, benefits, and how to apply.
Delhi Electric Vehicle Subsidy Benefits
The primary objective of Delhi’s EV policy is to encourage people to switch to Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs). Delhi EV subsidy policy includes:
|Rs. 5,000 per kWh or up to Rs. 30,000 subsidy
|Electric Four-Wheelers and SUVs
|Rs. 10,000 per kWh of battery capacity
|Rs. 1.5 lakh per car (first 1000 cars)
|E-Rickshaws, E-Carts, E-Autos, etc.
|Rs. 30,000 subsidy
|5% interest grant on loans (e-rickshaws)
|Electric Goods Carriers (E-Carriers)
|Rs. 30,000 subsidy
|5% subsidy on loan interest (first 10,000)
- The current electric vehicle policy in Delhi offers a battery-capacity-linked subsidy of Rs. 5000/kWh or up to Rs. 30,000 for the purchase of electric two-wheelers.
- A purchase benefit of Rs. 10000/kWh of battery capacity is available on the purchase of electric four-wheelers and SUVs with a maximum limit of Rs. 1.5 lakh per car. However, the subsidy benefit is only available to the first 1000 electric cars with advanced batteries registered in Delhi.
- A subsidy of Rs. 30,000 is available for e-rickshaws, e-carts, e-autos, etc. People buying e-rickshaws with advanced batteries are offered a 5% interest grant on loans.
- The subsidy incentive of Rs. 30,000 will be provided on the purchase of electric goods carriers (e-Carriers) in Delhi. The benefit will be available only on the sale of the first 10,000 e-carriers. In addition to that, a 5% subsidy is offered on the interest of the loan.
Buyers will get the subsidy benefit within three days of purchasing an EV. In addition to the EV subsidy in Delhi, buyers can get scrapping incentives up to Rs. 7000 as a waiver of road tax and registration fees.
How to Apply for EV Subsidy in Delhi? – Online Process
One can easily apply for the electric vehicle subsidy in Delhi either online or by visiting the office.
Follow the steps given below for applying for EV subsidy in Delhi:
- Visit the official EV Delhi Portal at https://ev.delhi.gov.in/.
- Click on the Incentives Login tab at the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your username and password that was provided to you at the time of EV purchase.
- After logging, enter your EV model, vehicle details, and other mandatory details to claim the electric vehicle subsidy.
- After completing the claim process, buyers will receive an SMS alert regarding the same.
Documents Required to Claim EV Subsidy
Documents required to apply for Delhi EV subsidy are as follows:
- Identity proof like Voter ID or Aadhar Card
- EV purchase documents
- Driving License
- Canceled cheque
- Residence Proof
- Income Proof
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
How to Check the Delhi EV Subsidy Status Online?
Follow the steps given below to check the status of your electric vehicle subsidy scheme in Delhi.
- Visit the official website of the Delhi EV Subsidy at https://ev.delhi.gov.in/.
- Log in with your username and password.
- After successful login, search for the “Application Status Checking” tab.
- Click on it and the current status of the EV subsidy claim will be visible on your home screen.
Check Electric Vehicle Subsidy for other states
|Electric Vehicle Subsidy List
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands
|Daman & Diu