The world is now in the middle of a new mobility revolution, and the scope of the Electric The vehicle EV industry is growing rapidly. In light of that, India’s electric vehicle market is also expanding with the introduction of 2-wheeler and 3-wheeler manufacturers.
Gujarat also has the highest adoption of battery-operated two-wheelers in the country. Electrification of Vehicles in Gujarat is driven by a need to reduce pollution while promoting sustainable and renewable energy in the country. Consumers are also significantly shifting towards the adoption of EVs due to the lucrative subsidy incentives provided by the state government. The EV subsidy policy in Gujarat was introduced in July 2021. The incentives offered by the state government under the subsidy policy will be valid till 2025.
Let’s have a detailed look at Gujarat Electric Vehicle EV Subsidy Policy 2023
Objectives of Gujarat Electric Vehicle Subsidy Policy
- To shift the state’s transportation sector towards electric mobility.
- To make Gujarat a manufacturing hub for EVs.
- To encourage the utilization of battery-operated vehicles in the state and improve environmental quality.
- Help in reducing carbon emissions that are caused due to the use of petrol and diesel vehicles.
Under the Gujarat State Electric Vehicle Subsidy Scheme, consumers are provided with financial aid to purchase EVs. Other subsidy incentives include:
- EVs registered at Gujarat RTO will be exempted from paying the registration fee till the policy period is valid.
- The Gujarat government provides subsidies of Rs. 12,000 to students (class IX to XII) on the purchase of e-scooters. The state government plans to offer 10,000 EVs to students.
- Subsidy benefits of up to Rs. 20,000 will be available for electric two-wheelers (e-scooters), up to Rs. 50,000 for electric three-wheelers (e-carts/rickshaws), and up to Rs. 1.5 lakh for four-wheelers will be directly credited to consumer’s bank accounts through Direct Bank Transfer (DBT).
- Electric two-wheelers can avail a subsidy of Rs. 10,000/- per kWh. E-2Wheelers with the maximum ex-factory price of Rs. 1.5 lakhs are eligible to claim subsidy.
- Electric three-wheelers can avail of a subsidy of Rs. 10,000/- per kWh. To avail of subsidy benefits, e-3Wheelers are to be priced at a maximum ex-factory cost of Rs. 5 lakhs.
- Electric four-wheelers can avail of a subsidy of Rs. 10,000/- per kWh. E-4Wheelers with a maximum ex-factory cost of Rs. 15 lakhs are eligible to claim subsidy incentives.
Note: Under the EV subsidy policy in Gujarat, a total of 2 lakh electric vehicles will be incentivized throughout the four-year operational term, which includes 20,000 EV four- wheelers, 70,000 EV three-wheelers, and 110,000 two-wheelers.
Eligibility to Apply for the Gujarat EV Subsidy Scheme
To be eligible for the EV subsidy scheme in Gujarat, the customers have to:
- Select/buy their electric vehicle from the FAME II scheme category.
- An individual vehicle owner can apply for the subsidy scheme only once. Application filled more than once by an individual owner will not be considered for the incentive.
How to apply for the Gujarat Electric Vehicle Subsidy Policy?
Follow the steps given below to apply for the Gujarat Electric Vehicle Subsidy scheme.
- Visit the Digital Gujarat web portal at https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/.
- From the service tab, select the Gujarat State Electric Vehicle Subsidy Scheme section.
- Click on the “Apply Online” button to fill out the claim form.
- Register if you are a new user, or log in with your username and password.
- Next, provide mandatory information like vehicle registration number, bank account details of vehicle owner, etc.
- Applicants are required to attach documents (such as a bank passbook/canceled cheque and passport-size photograph) and submit the application form.
How to check the status of the Gujarat Electric Vehicle Subsidy Policy?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to check the status of your Gujarat Electric Vehicle Subsidy claim application.
- Visit the official Gujarat EV portal at https://e-veg.gujarat.gov.in/.
- From the dashboard, click on the claim subsidy tab.
- Now, select the Gujarat State Electric Vehicle Subsidy Scheme section.
- Click on the “Apply Online” button to proceed.
- Log in with your username and password. Enter Captcha code and hit submit.
- Click on Track application status.
- The application status of your subsidy claim will be displayed on your computer screen.
Check Electric Vehicle Subsidy for other states
|State Name||Electric Vehicle Subsidy List|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Click here|
|Uttar Pradesh||Click here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click here|
|Madhya Pradesh||Click here|
|Tamil Nadu||Click here|
|West Bengal||Click here|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Click here|
|Daman & Diu||Click here|
|Jammu Kashmir||Click here|