Table of Contents
- What is FASTag?
- Things to know about FASTag
- What are the benefits of using FASTag?
- Cashless Payments
- Mobile Alerts through SMS
- Faster Moving on Highway
- Cashback Offers
- How to buy FASTags?
- Documents Required for the Application of FASTag
- How FASTag Works?
- FASTag Blacklisted
- How to Use FASTag?
- FASTag Common Problems
- How to Buy FASTag with Airtel Payments Bank?
- Steps to avail Airtel FASTag Buy
- Airtel FASTag Fees and Charges
- Airtel Payments Bank FASTag Charges
- Airtel FASTag Recharge
- Airtel FASTag Customer Care Number
- Airtel FASTag Delivery Time
- Airtel FASTag Status
- How to Buy FASTag with ICICI Bank?
- Steps to avail ICICI Bank FASTag
- ICICI Bank FASTag by SMS
- ICICI FASTag Price
- ICICI FASTag Delivery Status
- ICICI FASTag Account Recharge
- ICICI FASTag Customer Care
- ICICI FASTag Helpline Numbers
- How to Buy HDFC FASTag?
- HDFC FASTag Apply
- HDFC FASTag Online
- HDFC FASTag Registration Offline
- HDFC FASTag Application Status
- HDFC FASTag Customer Care Number
- HDFC FASTag Charges
- How to Buy FASTag with Axis Bank?
- How to Get Axis Bank FASTag?
- Axis Bank FASTag Apply Online
- Axis Bank FASTag Apply Offline
- Axis Bank FASTag Charges
- Axis Bank FASTag Retail Login
- How to Recharge Axis Bank FASTag ?
- By Using Axis Bank ETC Portal
- Axis Bank FASTag Delivery Tracking
- Axis Bank FASTag Customer Care Number
- How to Buy SBI FASTag?
- Sbi FASTag Application
- SBI FASTag Application Offline
- SBI FASTag KYC
- SBI FASTag Recharge
- SBI FASTag Toll Free Number
- How to Buy Fastag with Paytm?
- How To Apply For Paytm FASTag?
- Paytm Fastag Price
- PAYTM FASTag Activation
- Paytm Fastag Delivery Time
- Paytm FASTag Offer
- Paytm FASTag Blacklisted
- Paytm FASTag Customer Care
Indian roads and especially highways have become really good in the last few years. The infrastructure of the roads have been improved to a great extent which provides uninterrupted traffic flows without any jams on the roads. If you are a frequent traveller, you might not face any problems on these roads and can have a smooth journey, but still there were some things which were not under our control and usually you would hate during your journeys. One of such problems travellers face was long queues at toll plazas across the highway, which would waste a lot of time waiting for your turn. But now the government has introduced FASTag for vehicles which have been made mandatory for four wheelers from December 2019. More than 600+ toll plazas across the country are equipped with FASTag. Let us get to know about what is FASTag, benefits of FASTag, how to get FASTag for your vehicles and when is your FASTag blacklisted.
What is FASTag?
The government of India with the help of National Payments Corporation of India has developed the NETC program which refers to National Electronic Toll Collection. This programs allows collection of toll tax without any human intervention. This program is also known as FASTag which help to reduce the rush at toll plazas across the. The FASTag is device which uses RFID technology that is Radio Frequency Identification which will deduct the toll charges automatically when the vehicle will pass through FASTag lane of toll plaza. The FASTag sticker is applied on the front windscreen of the four wheelers and when they will pass through toll, money will be auto debited from the FASTag account linked with the vehicle.
Things to know about FASTag
Though FASTag is easy and convenient method to pay your toll tax without any human intervention, but still there are some points about the technology which are necessary to know before you move your vehicle on highways:
- FASTag can be used at any toll plaza across the country irrespective of the fact that whosoever is the acquirer of toll plaza.
- FASTag is affixed on front windscreen of the four wheeler.
- If you own more than one four wheeler, you will have to have separate FASTag for both the vehicles. You cannot use same FASTag for multiple vehicles.
- Once you have purchased a FASTag for a vehicle, it will be valid for 5 years. You can recharge the FASTag as per the requirement after the initial buying of the FASTag.
- FASTag can be recharged online through netbanking, UPI, debit cards, credit cards and paytm. Minimum amount to recharge FASTag is Rs100 and maximum amount is Rs 1,00,000.
- You should always buy FASTag from trusted banking partners only.
- You should never buy a FASTag from the company which asks to link your bank account. You should always used prepaid service for the FASTag.
What are the benefits of using FASTag?
The FASTag have many advantages for the for wheeler owners. The benefits of FASTag are listed below:
One of the best advantages by making FASTag compulsory is the tension of having an exact change at toll plazas. The transaction will be cashless and money will be automatically debited from your FASTag wallets.
Mobile Alerts through SMS
Whenever you will pass through any toll plaza, you will receive sms alerts on your registered mobile numbers when money will be deducted from FASTag. You will also receive alerts for low balance in your FASTag wallet.
This is one of the best advantages of having FASTag. You can recharge it anytime using debit cards, net banking and UPI.
Faster Moving on Highway
Thus it also reduces the travelling time from one place to another as it will reduce human intervention saving your precious time.
For promoting FASTag government is providing very good cashback offers for the users. Currently they are providing 2.5% cashback for every transaction through FASTag wallet.
How to buy FASTags?
FASTags can be bought from various sources . Many nationalized and private banks are providing the facility to create a FASTag account. Moreover, some of the payment wallets such as paytm are also issuing the FASTag for the four wheelers. You can also buy FASTag at toll plazas, where they have a Point of sale (POS) which will help in getting FASTag.
Here is the list of banks which are providing FASTag accounts:
List of Banks Providing FASTags Account
|Bank||Customer Care Helpline
||Tag issuance charge|
|Airtel Payments Bank||400||Rs. 100
|EQUITAS SMALL FINANCE BANK||1800 103 1222||Rs. 100
|IDFC FIRST Bank||1800-266-9970||₹200 including service tax|
|PAYTM Payments Bank||1800-102-6480||Rs. 100|
|State Bank of India||1800-11-0018||Rs. 100|
|Axis Bank Ltd||1800-419-8585||Rs. 200 + service tax|
|Federal Bank||1800-266-9520||Rs. 100|
|Indusind Bank||1860 -500- 5004||Rs.200|
|Punjab and Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993||Rs. 200|
|Syndicate Bank||1800-425-0585||Rs. 200|
|Bank of Baroda||1800-103-4568||Rs. 84.74 + GST|
|FINO Payments Bank||1860-266-3466||Rs.100 + GST|
|Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916||Rs.100|
|Punjab National Bank||080-67295310||Rs.100|
|Union Bank of India||1800- 22- 22 44||Rs.100|
|HDFC Bank||1800-120-1243||Rs. 200|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-300-69090||Rs. 100|
|Saraswat Co-operative Bank||1800-266-9545||Rs.100|
|Yes Bank Ltd||1800 -1200||Rs.100|
|City Union Bank Ltd||1800-258-7200||Rs. 200|
|ICICI Bank||1800-2100-104||Rs. 99.12|
|Nagapur Nagarik Sahakari Bank||1800 -266- 7183||Rs 100|
|South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809||Rs 100|
Documents Required for the Application of FASTag
Whenever you are going to buy a FASTag account, you will require some documents along with their photostat copy. Here is the list of the documents you will need when buying a FASTag for your vehicle:
- RC of the vehicle for which you are going to have FASTag.
- The user will also require to submit the passport size photograph of vehicle owner.
- You will need a document for KYC which is any one of these – driving license, adhar card, Pan Card, Voter Id and Passport.
How FASTag Works?
Here are the steps where we will learn how does FASTag transaction works when it is initiated at toll plaza through RFID reader:
- A vehicle will pass through FASTag lane where RFID device will capture FASTag details which includes ID of the tag, Class of the vehicle and TID which is sent to the bank for processing.
- The bank will further initiate a request to NETC Mapper which will validate the tag details.
- After the Tag ID is validated by NETC, the mapper will send details which are vehicle class, tag status and VRN. IF the mapper is unable to locate Tag, it will return a response that particular TAG ID is not registered.
- Thus the bank will calculate the toll fare and a debit request is initiated towards NETC.
- After that The NETC will forward the request to bank which has issued FASTag to debit from FASTag account of user.
- Now the money will be deducted by the host and the user will receive an SMS alert. The host will also send the message to NETC.
This is how FASTag will deduct the money from your account and you can travel hassle free.
If you pass through any toll plaza and your FASTag wallet is out of money, your FASTag wallet is usually blacklisted for 48 hours, if you use the FASTag lane for crossing the toll gate. Your FASTag account will only be reactivated with the intervention of NHAI helpdesk in case you are travelling. You can also call on NHAI customer helpline number which is 1033 for reactivating card.
Usually when a person buys a FASTag Rs 200 is added as a security deposit which can be used during emergencies. If in case you have exhausted your main FASTag wallet account, the amount can be deducted from the security deposit. And again when you will recharge your wallet, firstly money will get added as a security deposit which you have used and rest of the amount will get deposited in your main FASTag wallet.
How to Use FASTag?
Now we are aware of FASTag, we will see how the FASTag works when a vehicles enters toll plaza:
- First of all when your vehicle enters FASTag lane, RFID reader on the lane will auto detect your FASTag and deduct the amount from your FASTag wallet.
- You will get a confirmation receipt on your email and also an alert message on your phone linked with tag.
- Once the money is deducted from your tag you will get a green signal and you can successfully pass through the plaza without any hassle.
FASTag Common Problems
Everything has its pros and cons. Pros are already explained and now we will see what are the difficulties one can face while using FASTag.
Sometimes when you will pass your vehicle through FASTag lane, the RFID reader might not detect the FASTag of your vehicle. You might need to move your vehicle little backward and forward and you must also ensure that FASTag is correctly placed on your vehicle so that it’s easily detectable.
If your FASTag is still not detected than a man on toll plaza will come with handheld RFID reader to detect your tag. There are some disadvantages of these hand-held devices:
- They are faulty at some times.
- They need to be charged after 5-6 hours.
Some companies are deducting the FASTag charges if you are not using in the name of FASTag event. So don’t buy FASTag from such companies. As FASTag is a prepaid wallet you don’t need to link your bank account with FASTag.
How to Buy FASTag with Airtel Payments Bank?
Airtel Payments Bank is issuing the FASTags for your vehicle. They have currently partnered with NPCI that is National Payments Corporation of India and also with IHMCL known as Indian Highways Management Company Limited to sell the FASTag in the country. If you buy the tag from the airtel app on your phone, you will receive Rs 50 instant cashback. This tag can also be purchased from selected point of sale banking points of Airtel Payments Bank.
FASTag bought from Airtel Payments Bank is directly linked to your airtel bak wallet, therefore the charges will be deducted from your bank directly when you pass your vehicle through any toll plaza.
Steps to avail Airtel FASTag Buy
Here are the steps how you can avail Airtel FASTag from your phone:
- First of all, you need to download airtel thanks app from the play store and register into app.
- Login into the app after you have completed your registration.
- After that you need to click on Airtel Thanks on the Homepage of the app.
- Click on Airtel Payments FASTag banner which is located on rewards section.
- Proceed with filling the details of your vehicle and after that complete the payment process.
- After the payment is successful you are eligible for Rs 50 cashback which will credited in your wallet within 48 hours of completion of your payment.
- After that Registration Certificate of your vehicle will be verified in 2 working days.
- You will receive your tag within 6-8 working days at the address you have mentioned while applying for FASTag.
Airtel FASTag Fees and Charges
Whenever you apply for the FASTag with the Airtel Payments Banks, you will be levied the following charges including the GST:
- Tag Joining Fee (One-time Fee): 100/- ( including all applicable taxes)
- Tag Reissuance Fee (One-time Fee): 100/- ( including all applicable taxes)
Along with these charges you will have to pay a security deposit which will depend on vehicle class which means type of vehicle which in numbers are type 4,5,6,7,12, 15, 16. There is also a threshold amount for every vehicle which is necessary at the time of tag activation. The charges are subject to change from time to time. You can see the table below for the FASTag charges from Airtel Payments bank.
Airtel Payments Bank FASTag Charges
|Vehicle Class||Description||Security Deposit (in Rs.)||Threshold Amount (in Rs.)|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van / Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||200||150|
|5||Light Commercial vehicle 2-axle||300||140|
|6||Bus– 3 axle||400||300|
|6||Truck – 3 axle||500||300|
|7||Bus 2 axle / Minibus, Truck 2 axle||400||300|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer, Truck 4, 5 & 6 -axle||500||300|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||500||300|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||500||300|
Airtel FASTag Recharge
As your Airtel FASTag payment is deducted from your bank wallet, you need to have to recharge your wallet. You can recharge your wallet through debit card, credit card, netbanking and UPI. Your FASTag will automatically block minimum amount required for FASTag to be active.
Airtel FASTag Customer Care Number
If you have any problems regarding FASTag helpline number have been launched by NHAI/IHMCL which will address FASTag complaint at toll plaza level. The FASTag users need to dial 1033 from their phone in case any problem arises. Some of the common problems can be:
- Toll Plaza is not accepting your FASTag.
- If there is any difficulty in reading the tag at plaza.
- Stopped at plaza for blacklisted tag.
In case you have lost your four wheeler and you need to block your FASTag account you can call at these numbers : 400 or 8800688006
Airtel FASTag Delivery Time
Usually it will take 6-8 working days to deliver your FASTag at your address for your 4 wheelers. It will take a maximum of 21 working days to get your FASTag delivered.
Airtel FASTag Status
After you have completed the payment for your FASTag and you need to check where your tag is, you need to visit Airtel Thanks App and click on FASTag banner which will be placed in the rewards section of the app.
How to Buy FASTag with ICICI Bank?
FASTag program by ICICI bank is a part of NETC initiative which was rolled out by NPCI with the guidelines obtained from NHAI and IHMCL. With the ICICI bank FASTag, the toll will be auto debited when you will cross any toll plaza at any national highway. ICICI FASTag is also linked to prepaid account from where the toll tax amount is deducted.
Steps to avail ICICI Bank FASTag
You may need to follow the following steps to apply for ICICI bank FASTag:
- You have to go to this link and fill the form. You will see the following screen when you click on the link.
- Fill all the details mentioned in the form along with uploading of Registration Certificate of your vehicle.
- After filling the details, and cross checking your details, you need to click on confirm application.
- After that pay the required fees and you will be issued an ICICI bank FASTag.
ICICI bank has also point of sale location for issuing a FASTag for your vehicle. For these you have to follow the following steps to get a FASTag for your vehicle:
- Take your vehicle to the required point of sale location of ICICI bank.
- You need to carry Registration Certificate of vehicle, passport size photograph of the owner and also a valid id proof such as adhar card, pan card or driving license.
- Than you will fill the application of ICICI FASTag form available at POS and submit to the official there.
- After filling application and paying required fees , FASTag will be issued against your vehicle which a banking official will affix on the front windscreen of your four wheeler.
ICICI Bank FASTag by SMS
Another method by which you can apply for FASTag is by sending an SMS to 5676766. After you have sent the SMS you will we called by an executive from bank within 2 working days. Here is an example on how to send SMS:
SMS – ITOLL Pincode Name to 5676766. Example ITOLL 160072 Rohit Mehra
ICICI FASTag Price
Each and every bank have their own charges. ICICI bank too have some charges as mentioned. They charge Rs99.12 per tag as a joining fees. The other charges which include security deposit and threshold amount are based on vehicle class and the colour of the tag also depends upon the type of the vehicle. Here are the charges levied by the bank in the table:
ICICI FASTag Price
|Tag Class||Description||Tag Colour||Tag Deposit||Threshold amount|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van||Violet||200||200|
|4||TATA Ace and similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||Violet||200||100|
|5||Light Commercial Vehicle / Mini Bus||Orange||300||140|
|6||Bus 3 Axle||Yellow||400||300|
|6||Truck 3 Axle||Yellow||500||300|
|7||Bus 2 Axle / Truck 2 Axle||Green||400||300|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer / Truck 4/ 5/ 6 Axle||Pink||500||300|
|15||Truck 7 Axle and above||Blue||500||300|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||Black||500||300|
The threshold amount charged by bank is the minimum amount required for the activation of the tag. Further the taxes will be charged separately on above fees.
ICICI FASTag Delivery Status
You can check the delivery status of your ICICI FASTag by login into your FASTag account and other option is to call customer care at 1800 2100 104 which is a toll free number to check ICICI FASTag delivery Status.
ICICI FASTag Account Recharge
Once the FASTag account is used by a user, at some point of time you will need FASTag recharge to continue your journey along national highway. When your FASTag account gets low on balance you will need to recharge. For the FASTag account recharge of ICICI you can do it through any payment mode such as debit card, credit card and net-banking. Here are the steps to recharge your icici FASTag tag account:
- Visit the link and fill your icici bank FASTag customer id and password. you can see the login screen here:
- After you login, go to payments and than recharge account.
- After that select Tag/CUG wallet and choose the payment option such as debit card, credit card etc and your recharge is done.
- You can also recharge your ICICI FASTag account by cheque and cash at Point of Sale locations of ICICI bank.
- You might have to pay convenience fees in some payment methods which is mentioned in the below table:
|Payment Options||Funds upload time||Convenience Fees|
|ICICI Bank CIB and RIB||Real time||Free|
|Debit Card||Real time||0.2% to 0.85% (basis the transaction value)*|
|Credit Card||Real time||1.8% of transaction value*|
|Internet Banking||Real time||1% to 1.65% (basis the transaction value)*|
|NEFT||As per NEFT cycle||CUG wallet recharge: Free or NEFT/RTGS charged as levied by the source bankTag wallet recharge: Rs.15 per transaction for Tag level recharge|
|Cheque||ICICI Bank: T+1Other Bank: T + 4T = time or date of transaction initiated||Free|
ICICI FASTag Customer Care
If you are facing any problem regarding your ICICI FASTag , the bank has issued a customer care number to address your any problem:
ICICI FASTag Helpline Numbers
ICICI Bank FASTag Customer Care Number Toll Free: 1800 2100 104
ICICI Bank FASTag Customer Care Number Chargeable : 1860 2670 104
How to Buy HDFC FASTag?
HDFC FASTag program is also an effort of NETC rolled out by NPCI with the guidelines carried out by NHAI and IHMCL. A reloadable tag which will deduct your toll automatically when your vehicle passes through a toll without caring of exact change required during cash transactions. HDFC is also issuing the FASTag to its customers. You can apply for the HDFC FASTag online as well as offline by visiting their Point of Sales location and carrying the required documents.
HDFC FASTag Apply
It’s very easy and convenient to apply for FASTag with the help of HDFC bank. You can apply for this both online and offline.
HDFC FASTag Online
You need to follow the below mentioned steps to apply for HDFC FASTag :
- You will need to visit HDFC bank FASTag webportal.
- Now the first option there is if you have HDFC BANK account or not. If you click yes you will be asked for your customer id and then you will be sent otp on your registered mobile.
- If you click no, than you will be asked another option whether it’s a personal vehicle or a commercial vehicle.
When you select any of them you will see a form in which you have to fill all the details mentioned in the form.
- After filling the form you will be redirected to tab called “Vehicle Registrations” where you will fill the registration number of the vehicle along with the vehicle type.
- After that click next and upload the documents which are required to complete the application.
- After uploading your documents review your application and submit.
- Pay the necessary fees shown to you while completing the application and you are done.
Thus we are done with HDFC FASTag registration online and now we will show you how to get your HDFC FASTag registration offline.
HDFC FASTag Registration Offline
You can also apply for the HDFC FASTag offline by visiting the Point of Sales location of HDFC bank. Follow the steps below to apply FASTag offline:
- Visit any Point of sale location of HDFC Bank along with your vehicle.
- You will need these documents while visiting the place which are Registration certificate of the vehicle, your passport size photograph, your identity proof such as driving license, voter id or aadhar card.
- After that you need to fill out a form for FASTag which you will sign and submit to the bank representative.
- Than you will be asked to pay the required fees as per the class of your vehicle and your FASTag will be created.
- Than your FASTag will be applied to the windscreen of the car by the banking representative so bring your car along with you. Hence your HDFC FASTag registration is completed.
HDFC FASTag Application Status
When you apply for HDFC FASTag online, you can check your FASTag account by using retail login where you need to fill your user id which is sent to you during registration of your tag. Once you enter the portal by entering the password, you can access all the details of your FASTag account. You can check your HDFC FASTag application status there. Usually it takes 7 days if you are residing in a metro city and will take 15 days if you are in non metro city.
If you have applied for FASTag offline, than you can get to HDFC FASTag Customer Care and call at 1800-120-1243.
HDFC FASTag Customer Care
HDFC have issued a HDFC Customer Care Number for the sales and services of FASTag. If you face any emergency circumstances during your drive on national highway than they are also providing roadside assistance for their customers
HDFC FASTag Customer Care Number
Here is the customer care number for HDFC FASTag
- HDFC FASTag Customer Care Number : 1800 – 120 – 1243
- HDFC Emergency RoadSide Assistance Number : 022-67872087
HDFC FASTag Charges
As we are done with all the information regarding HDFC FASTag registration, HDFC FASTag Customer Care Numbers and all other necessary information, now we will see how much HDFC is charging for issuing of FASTag for its user. You will have to pay the following charges to get your HDFC FASTag
- Tag Joining Fee (One-time Fee): FREE* (Till 31st December, 2019)
- Reissuance Fees: 100/- ( including all applicable taxes)
The one advantage they are giving is on FASTag joining fees, which they are not charging to the users till 31st December 2019. You will need to pay the other charges such as security deposit and threshold amount which you need to pay when you are joining FASTag through HDFC Bank. The charges are explained in the below table.
HDFC FASTag Charges
|NPCI Vehicle Class||Description||Security Deposit (in Rs.)||Threshold Amount (in Rs.)|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van / Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||200||100|
|5||Light Commercial vehicle 2-axle||300||200|
|6||Bus– 3 axle||400||500|
|6||Truck – 3 axle||500||500|
|7||Bus 2 axle / Minibus, Truck 2 axle||400||500|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer, Truck 4, 5 & 6 -axle||500||500|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||500||500|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||500||500|
You will have to incur GST on above mentioned charges separately from time to time. Threshold amount is a necessary requirement for the activation of tag. The amount of toll tax which will be deducted will depend upon the vehicle class and the toll plaza rates.
How to Buy FASTag with Axis Bank?
Axis Bank is one of the largest private banks of India. It is the third largest bank operating in the country. With making FASTag compulsory for the four wheelers from December 15 by the government of India, the axis bank has also started it services of issuing FASTag to consumers. Axis Bank in partnership with IHMCL have launched its ETC program which means Electronic toll Collection. FASTag issued by bank is applied on the front windshield of your four wheeler and are recognised by RFID readers which are present at toll plaza which will deduct money automatically from your FASTag account.
How to Get Axis Bank FASTag?
You can apply for axis for Axis Bank FASTag online and offline:
Axis Bank FASTag Apply Online
You can check the steps for applying the axis bank online below:
Visit the website of axis bank or you can directly apply by clicking this axis bank FASTag apply link where you will see the following screen if you have axis bank account:
If you don’t have axis account than click on “No” and you will see the following screen:
- After filling the information, you will proceed to vehicle information and fill all the details given in the form.
- Than you will need to select a KYC document which you will will upload to verify your details. You also need to upload Registration Certificate of vehicle.
- After that enter the captcha after verifying all the details of your filled form.
- Than there is button name “Validate” on the screen. Click on the button and your details are validated.
- After validation of details you will click on “Proceed to Payment” and fill the required charges as shown on the screen.
Axis Bank FASTag Apply Offline
As we have now known the process of applying online, if you have time and want to apply offline you can visit any point of sale locations of Axis Bank or visit any axis bank branch and follow the following steps:
- Take your vehicle to any Axis bank location.
- Fill the application form for Axis bank FASTag which is duly signed by owner and hand over it to banking representative.
- You will now required to give the following documents to bank representative: Registration Certificate of the four wheeler, passport photocopies of the owner, KYC documents of the owner which can include any one of these : Adhar Card, Voter Card or PAN Card.
- After that pay the fee required for the axis bank FASTag of your vehicle, which also include one time security deposit and take your tag.
- Your tag will be affixed by banking officer on your vehicle, therefore it’s necessary to take your vehicle at the banking locations.
Axis Bank FASTag Charges
As we have seen in the case of other banks, the FASTag registration includes one time security deposit, issuance fees and threshold amount, therefore axis bank FASTag fees also have the same components. The threshold amount is kept so that your money is deducted from the wallet as there is enough balance.
These are the charges which are applicable on your axis bank FASTag:
Axis Bank FASTag Issuance Charges
|Tag Issuance fee (one time)||0/- (inclusive of taxes) *Free FASTag limited period offer|
|Reissuance Fees||100/- (inclusive of taxes)|
|Security Deposit||200/- (inclusive of taxes)|
The charges required as a threshold amount will be taken on the basis of vehicle class which are shown in the below table:
Axis Bank FASTag Threshold Charges
|Vehicle Class||Vehicle Class Description||Threshold amount|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van||160|
|4||Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||160|
|5||Light commercial vehicle 2-axle/ MiniBus||250|
|7||Bus 2-axle / Mini-Bus||350|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer||550|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||650|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machine||550|
Axis Bank FASTag Retail Login
When your FASTag is issued, you need to register online and generate password for your account or UserId. When you have registered account, you can view your FASTag account history, transaction details and also you can raise complaints if you have any issue regarding your FASTag. You can click on axis bank FASTag first time login here and go to your FASTag account by putting in your password.
You will see the following screen when you go to axis bank FASTag retail login:
How to Recharge Axis Bank FASTag ?
As we now have our FASTag account, the next step is what to do when you exhaust your FASTag account wallet balance. we will have to recharge the axis bank FASTag account. You can recharge your account online by following modes:
- If you have axis bank account, then login to banks’s website or axis bank mobile app.
- You need to add your vehicles as a beneficiary. It can be done by putting your FASTag wallet ID number or the registration number of your vehicle.
- After that you need to enter IFSC code of the bank. After the vehicle is added as beneficiary, you can recharge your FASTag wallet from there.
- The IFSC code for toll collection of Axis Bank FASTag is UTIB0000ETC.
By Using UPI
You can recharge your axis bank FASTag wallet by using this address:
netc.<10 digit registered vehicle number >@axisbank
If the registration number of vehicles is old and less than 10 digits, you cannot use this method to recharge your account.
By Using Axis Bank ETC Portal
You need to login to axis bank ETC portal and select retail user and login. After that you go to menu as Road User Center -> Payment and Top Up -> Recharge. You can use a debit card, credit card, netbanking and UPI to recharge your FASTag wallet.
Axis Bank Auto Debit
Axis bank customer can directly recharge from their Axis Bank Account and credit it to your FASTag wallet. You need to confirm it by sending an email to email@example.com. You need to set the threshold amount in the email sent to bank.
Axis Bank FASTag Delivery Tracking
Axis bank provides Door Step Delivery of your FASTag when you apply it online through their portal. Axis bank FASTag can be tracked by going to blue dart tracking link and put your vehicle number as the reference number. You will see the following screen when you go to Axis Bank FASTag Delivery Tracking link of bluedart.
Axis Bank FASTag Customer Care Number
If you have any problems related to your axis bank FASTag, the customer care representative are always there for your help who can be reached at the following number:
Axis Bank FASTag Customer Care Number: 1800 419 8585
How to Buy SBI FASTag?
SBI FASTag is 10*5cm rectangular tag containing chip and antenna inside it layers which employs Radio Frequency Identification Technology (RFID) to make toll payments. The tag is affixed on front windscreen of your vehicle which will help in crossing the toll plaza without waiting for any cash transactions and payment will be deducted automatically from your account. SBI FASTag is operational across many toll plazas on National Highways. The toll plazas under NETC can be used for vehicles affixing SBI FASTag.
Sbi FASTag Application
A SBI FASTag purchase can be made by customer offline.
SBI FASTag Application Offline
We will see how we can approach offline locations for SBI FASTag application:
- Visit any POS location of SBI Bank in country.
- Take your vehicle along with you to the bank location.
- Take your KYC documents such as Adhar Card, Voter or PAN Card along with you.
- You also need to carry your photograph along with you.
- You also need to carry your vehicle’s Registration Certificate along with You.
- Fill the SBI FASTag application and submit to banking representative.
- Make the necessary payment and your FASTag account is created and your tag will be affixed by Banking Officer on your vehicle.
SBI FASTag KYC
You need to carry a KYC documents which are : Passport, Voter’s Identity Card, Driving Licence, Aadhaar Letter/Card, NREGA Card, PAN Card
There are two types of KYC account for SBI FASTag:
(a) Limited KYC holder’s account:
This type of account requires RC copy of the vehicle, address proof which include above mentioned documents and photo of the customer. You cannot load more than Rs 10,000 is your FASTag account and reload limit is also
capped at Rs 10,000.
(b) Full KYC Holders account:
This type of account required the following documents:
Registration Copy of the vehicle, address proof as mentioned above and photo of the Customer.
You can have Rs 1,00,000 in this type of account and there is no capping on reloading of the amount.
SBI FASTag Charges
SBI charges Rs 100 as a tag issuance charges. The security amount and threshold charges depends upon the class of the vehicle. You can check the SBI FASTag charges in the below mentioned table:
SBI FASTag Charges
|Sr. No.||Vehicle Class No.||Particulars||Security Amount||Minimum Balance|
|1||4||Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||200||100|
|2||5||Light Commercial Vehicle||300||140|
|3||6||Three Axle Commercial Vehicles||400||300|
|5||12||4 to 6 axle||400||300|
|6||15||7 or More Axle||400||300|
|7||16||Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME)||400||300|
SBI FASTag Recharge
SBI FASTag can be recharged by various online banking methods or by credit cards, debit cards and UPI apps like paytm, Google Pay, BHIM UPI. There is a limit of Rs 2,000/- per day if you recharge your FASTag wallet through UPI. It can also be recharged offline by paying cash to agents.
You can also recharge your SBI FASTag account online through SBI FASTag portal. Here are the steps to recharge through SBI FASTag portal:
- Login to SBI FASTag wallet by SBI FASTag Customer Portal which looks like this:
- Enter your mobile number and password which you have given during SBI FASTag registration.
- Now click on “Tag Recharge” .
- Than choose the payment method from given list and recharge your SBI FASTag account.
SBI FASTag Toll Free Number
You can call the customer representative of SBI FASTag if you face any of the following problem related to SBI FASTag which are
- If you are stopped for blacklisted Tag even if your tag is not blacklisted.
- The toll Plaza is not Accepting your FASTag.
- Stopped at the plaza for Tag blacklist reason even through Tag is not blacklisted.
- Your SBI FASTag is not readable at the plaza.
- Your plaza is denying the issuance of monthly pass for FASTag
Sbi Fastag Toll Free Number: 1800 11 0018
How to Buy Fastag with Paytm?
Paytm has revolutionized the digital payment world where you can do any kind of transaction like recharge your phone, book bus and train tickets, pay utility bills and can also shop on the platform. So how can it stay behind when government made FASTag compulsory for the four wheelers to be used at Toll Plazas across the country. Paytm FASTag is a reusable tag which employs RFID technology to deduct payments from your FASTag wallet linked to paytm.
There is a benefit of using a paytm FASTag as you will need to simply add money to your paytm wallet. Your money for FASTag will be automatically reserved from that paytm wallet amount. You will receive receipt of each and every transaction of your PAYTM FASTag account and also receive Emails & SMS alerts for all he toll plazas related transactions. Paytm has already issued more than 6 lakhs FASTag till now in the country.
How To Apply For Paytm FASTag?
You can apply for paytm FASTag by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of the Paytm.
- On the homepage there is a menu named “Buy FASTag“, click on that and you will see the following screen:
- Enter the Vehicle Registration Number on the page.
- After that you need to upload Registration Certificate of your vehicle. You need to take back and Front images of the RC of your vehicle.
- After that click on “Proceed to Pay” and sign in to your paytm account.
- You have successfully bought a Paytm FASTag.
Paytm Fastag Price
You can buy a Paytm FASTag for a class 4 vehicles that is car, jeep and Van from Paytm. Here is the breakdown of Paytm FASTag price:
- Cost Of the Tag: Rs 100
- Security Deposit which is Refundable: Rs 250
- Threshold Amount for the Tag: Rs 150
PAYTM FASTag Activation
Once you have bought your tag from Paytm, you will have to upload a copy of Registration Certificate by visiting “My Orders” section of the paytm after the FASTag is delivery at your address. Your FASTag will be activated after that. Your FASTag is directly mapped to the mobile number which was used during ordering of the tag.
Paytm Fastag Delivery Time
It takes around 5-6 days to delivery FASTag at your given address during your order. You can track your Paytm FASTag by going to “My Orders” section of Paytm. Tracking of the order gets activated after 24 hours of the tag being shipped by Paytm.
Paytm FASTag Offer
Whenever you buy a FASTag with paytm you will get a movie voucher worth Rs 150. So you can get a discount on your movie tickets next time when you buy from Paytm, using the code you will receive while buying the . Moreover you are entitled to 2.5% cashback whenever you use PAYTM FASTag at any Toll in the country.
Paytm FASTag Blacklisted
If you do not have enough balance in your paytm wallet and you cross a toll plaza with it, your tag can get blacklisted due to low balance. Whenever you are going to pass by any toll across the national highway you should be sure that you have an active tag which can be checked when you login paytm and go under “Manage Tags” section in your FASTag wallet. If your paytm fastag is blacklisted you can write your concern at this email address: FASTag@paytm.com.
If your tag is not in working condition, you should check the “Manage Tags” section in your paytm. If your tag is suspended, you can activate this by toggle button. If your tag is shown in issued state, you need to share RC scans with paytm at the email address mentioned above to get it activated.
Paytm FASTag Customer Care
If you have any problem regarding your Paytm FASTag account you can write to FASTag@paytm.com or you can call Paytm FASTag helpline which is mentioned below:
Paytm FASTag Customer Care Number: 1800-102-6480
How to change Fastag’s mobile number?
No, we cannot change the Fastag mobile number. As the e-mail id and mobile number are registered at the time when the customer is making their Fastag for the first time. However, if the customer wants to change the vehicle registration number (VRN)then they can share their vehicle RC scans.
How to change a Fastag account from one bank to another
It is an easy process to change a FASTag account from one bank to another, you just need to follow the below mentioned steps: 1. If the customer’s Fastag is linked with the Paytm wallet, which is in turn connected with another bank, then he/she can change the bank account and recharge the wallet from the new bank account. 2. However, in case if the customer’s Fastag is linked with the Paytm bank account, then by changing the bank, he/she also needs to cancel the Paytm linked Fastag as well.
What to do with Fastag when selling a car?
If you have sold/transfer your car, you are requested to inform your issuing source or bank and close the account as soon as possible.