- NHAI Government and FASTag Monthly Pass
- Fastag Monthly Pass Toll Rates
- LOCAL COMMERCIAL MONTHLY PASS (LCM)
- Monthly Trip Pass
- Condition required for monthly Trip Pass
- Mode of Payment for FASTag Monthly Pass
- Type of Toll Collection
- Automatic Toll Collection
- Electronic Toll Collection
- How to apply FASTag Monthly Pass online
- Documents required to apply for FASTag monthly pass
- Procedure to Activate the FASTag monthly pass
- Procedure to recharge the FAStag monthly pass
- Some helpline numbers for your reference
A great initiative has been taken by the ministry of road transport and highways government by introducing the ‘FASTag monthly pass’. Which has been initiated by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), and decided to provide FASTag to the monthly pass holders. It was being introduced to promote the cashless payment at several toll plazas. NHAI has also announced the free FASTag monthly pass for the vehicles owned by “divyangjan”(people with disabilities)
This was initially a key project in the Golden Quadrilateral between Ahmedabad and Mumbai in 2014. There has been a great advancement into the FASTag acceptance fields. As in 2016 there have been around 347 toll plazas national highways who have started accepting FASTag payment. FASTag monthly pass basically works on RFID technology and helps in making toll payments through pre- paid accounts linked to it directly.
It has been made necessary by the government for all the vehicles to access the FASTag monthly pass, it is basically to control the traffic and make people aware of the cashless transaction.
NHAI Government and FASTag Monthly Pass
It has been decided by the NHAI Government that user fee at all the toll plazas across the country will only be collected using FASTag monthly pass, also it has been updated that 70% of the vehicle users have already purchased FASTag monthly pass stickers from either banks or through point of sales opened in the toll plazas.
- The NHAI ministry has updated a detailed standard operating procedure for 100% implementation of FASTag monthly pass from 1st January 2021.
- In order to avoid any sort of inconvenience to the travellers the NHAI ministry has also decided that the vehicles without FASTag monthly pass can get it at all the toll plazas and it also wanted to provide high performing electronic toll collection.
Fastag Monthly Pass Toll Rates
|Vehicle category||Interest||Monthly pass in Rs.|
LOCAL COMMERCIAL MONTHLY PASS (LCM)
|Vehicle category||Monthly (LCM)|
Monthly Trip Pass
Condition required for monthly Trip Pass
- 60 single trips to be allowed from 1st of the month to the last day of the same month.
- Entry and exit in the same plaza are considered as two trips.
- The recharge can be done at any date but the validity of sixty trips will only be till the last date of the same month.
Mode of Payment for FASTag Monthly Pass
- Smart Card
- RFID Electronic Toll Collection/Fastag
- Credit Card/Debit Card
- E-Payment/ Mobile Wallet
Type of Toll Collection
This method generally involves commuters and deals in hard cash and it is relatively a slow method and a wastage of time.
Automatic Toll Collection
The payment is usually done using the cards coins or the currency notes and in this automation of toll gates and barriers are used.
Electronic Toll Collection
It basically uses RFID tags to automatically deduct the toll from users’ FASTag accounts. According to this method the candidates need to fix the FASTag on the windscreen of the vehicle, also this method is very effective for the collection of toll.
How to apply FASTag Monthly Pass online
This monthly pass is usually for those vehicles those who are passing through the toll plaza regularly and those can avail the monthly pass online by applying online and following the procedure: The candidates who are interested can apply for the FASTag monthly pass by visiting the official website given below.
- Firstly click on the FASTag monthly pass that comes on the right side of the page
- Then you will be directed to the new web page where you have to select the toll plaza name,then enter the CAPTCHA.
- Then the candidate needs to enter their tag ID on the acquiring bank page visible on the screen.
- After this the details get checked and validation takes place. If validation is successful then the customer will be directed to another page.
- Now the candidate needs to opt the monthly pass scheme of plazas available on the screen.
- After all the detailed information ,the customer has to select the payment mode.
- For the completion of the process , Now the customer can view the acquirer payment gateway page
- Now the customer will get his/her monthly pass receipt on the bank page.
- The customer can even print or download the given receipt for further reference.
Documents required to apply for FASTag monthly pass
All the required documents to apply for FASTag monthly pass should be in the name of the owner of the vehicle.
The following documents are required:
- Passport size photo of the vehicle owner
- Driving licence
- PAN card
- Vehicle registration certificate
After this an application form will be provided which needs to be filled and submitted.
Procedure to Activate the FASTag monthly pass
There is a provision of both activation as well as deactivation of the monthly pass by the customer. The following procedure needs to be followed to do the same.
- Firstly the customer needs to login the fastag issuance bank web portal and needs to select the view tag account summary.
- Certain details are required to be filled up by the customer related to Pass type and concessionaire.
- After giving the details, now you have to enter your toll plaza name where you travel regularly. Now the customer has to select the active date from which the fastag monthly pass must get activated.
- Now the candidate needs to select the active pass option and select the submit button.
Procedure to recharge the FAStag monthly pass
- The candidate who already has the FASTag monthly pass can recharge through cheque, debit, credit card ,net banking etc. And go through the official website http://nhai.gov.in/
- The payment can be done through either of the FASTag banks, that might be selected by the customers previously.
- Thwn thw custo.er has to login the FAStag bank portal with all the details and credentials
- Now the customer has to select the FASTag monthly pass link to check the transactions.
- After going through the steps, the FASTag pass will get recharged or renewed from the preferred dates provided by the customer.
- FASTag monthly pass helps in saving time and money.
- The Customers even receive cashback offers through banks.
- The customers get notifications and recent updates on their mobiles.
- Saves fuel and time.
- FASTag pass provides an ease of recharge.
Some helpline numbers for your reference
Customers can simply dial 1033 for any FASTag related queries.
FASTag issuing bank helpline numbers:
- Airtel Payment Bank – 8800-688-006
- Axis Bank Ltd – 1860-419-8585
- HDFC Bank – 1800-120-1243
- ICICI Bank – 1800-210-0104