Table of Contents
- What is FASTag?
- Things to know about FASTag
- What are the benefits of using FASTag?
- Cashless Payments
- Mobile Alerts through SMS
- FASTag Online Recharge
- Faster Moving on Highway
- Cashback Offers
- How to buy FASTags?
- Documents Required for the Application of FASTag
- How FASTag Works?
- List of Banks Providing FASTags Account
- FASTag Blacklisted
- How to Use FASTag?
- FASTag Common Problems
- How To Recharge Central Bank of India Fastag Through PhonePe App
- How to Recharge Central Bank of India Fastag Through Google pay App
How to Check FASTag Balance using the Airtel App
FASTag is an easy-to-use sticker that enables the automatic deduction of toll charges and
allows vehicles to pass through the toll plaza. The tag employs Radio-frequency
Identification (RFID) technology, which has to be affixed to the vehicle's windscreen after
an individual’s FASTag account is activated. FASTag is a perfect solution for a hassle-free
drive on national highways. It is mandatory and is currently operational at over 1000 toll
plazas across the country’s National and State Highways. And with Airtel FASTag offered by
Airtel Payments Bank, the process to purchase FASTag, do your FASTag recharge, and
check your FASTag balance has become even easier.
Advantages of using FASTag
The benefits of using FASTag are as follows:
- Through FASTag, the toll charges are deducted automatically when the vehicle
passes through the toll gates. Thus saving a lot of fuel and time spent while waiting
in a long queue.
- With Airtel FASTag recharge online, customers don’t need to pay cash at the toll
- FASTag users can easily access and manage their FASTag-related transactions from
the app and via internet banking.
- Vehicle owners will receive an SMS on their registered mobile number (RMN) for all
transactions are done via FASTag.
- Vehicle owners can recharge their FASTag online through Credit Card/ Debit Card
or Net Banking.
Ways to Check Airtel FASTag Balance
Now Airtel Payments Bank also issues FASTag, which can be used to pay toll taxes at the
toll plazas with the help of the FASTag sticker attached to the windscreen of a four-wheeler.
The payment for toll taxes gets deducted either from the vehicle owner’s bank accounts
linked to their FASTag accounts or through e-wallets.
There are many other ways by which an individual can check their Airtel Payments Bank
FASTag balance easily, but the most common methods are:
- Check Airtel FASTag balance through the MyAirtel App/ Airtel Thanks App
- Inquire about the Airtel FASTag balance through the missed call
- Check the status of Airtel FASTag balance through the SMS
- Look for Airtel FASTag balance details through the website or online portal
These methods are discussed in detail as follows:
Check the Airtel FASTag Balance through the App
One of the easiest and most used methods that an Airtel FASTag user can opt to check their
Airtel FASTag balance is through the My Airtel App.
Follow the steps given below to check the FASTag balance via My Airtel App:
- Download the My Airtel App from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Open the app. If you are already an Airtel FASTag user, click on the option of Bank,
which is at the lower section of the screen.
- Following this, a window will open with a variety of options available. Click on
FASTag to move ahead with the process.
- After this, the Airtel FASTag user will be able to see all the vehicles registered with
the Airtel FASTag.
- The FASTag balance for each vehicle registered with the Airtel FASTag will be
shown under the registered number of the particular vehicle.
Hence, checking FASTag balance using the My Airtel App is an easy and feasible option. My
Airtel app is a one-stop destination not only for all the services provided by Airtel service
providers but also for all the vehicles using FASTag services from Airtel Payments Bank.
Check the Airtel FASTag Balance Using Missed Call Number
Apart from using My Airtel App, one of the most common ways to check Airtel FASTag
balance is through the missed call method. The advantage of the missed call method is that
it does not require any active internet connection and can fetch the transactional details of
the Airtel FASTag balance in just a few seconds.
To check the FASTag balance, the Airtel FASTag user needs to give a missed call to the toll-
free number 01204725873. Following this, the individual will receive a text message on
their registered mobile number (RMN) with the details of the available FASTag balance in
their Airtel FASTag account.
For FASTag users, the National Highway Authorities of India (NHAI) has launched a Missed
Call Alert service. Through this service, FASTag users can check their FASTag balance in no
time by dialing +91-888433333. One can also contact FASTag Customer Care at 400 or
8800688006 to get the details regarding their FASTag balance or more. If you have any
query or complaint in regards to the Airtel FASTag account, then reach out to
Check the Airtel FASTag Balance through SMS
Another easiest way after the missed call method is to check the FASTag balance or recent
transaction history through SMS. This method also does not require an active internet
connection and lets the user know their Airtel FASTag balance in just one simple step.
Through this method, each time the vehicle crosses through a toll plaza, the FASTag user
receives a payment deduction message on his registered mobile number (RMN).
Hence, whenever the money gets deducted from their bank account or wallet, the FASTag
user gets a notification message of the same on their registered mobile number (RMN).
Not only does the FASTag user get regular updates on the FASTag balance, but can also
check the transaction history, and whenever there is a low balance in the FASTag account,
the user gets a pop-up notification about it as well.
Check the Airtel FASTag Balance Online
Wondering how to check your FASTag balance online? With Airtel Payments Bank, now one
can easily keep a check on their FASTag balance in no time. However, in order to work this
method smoothly requires an active internet connection with the FASTag user. To check
the Airtel FASTag balance online/through the website, the FASTag user needs to follow the
steps mentioned below:
- Visit the Airtel Payments Bank webpage.
- Then, click on the link, https://www.airtel.in/bank.
- Following this, the dashboard of the Bank website will open.
- Now, the FASTag user needs to log in to the Airtel Payments Bank account by
entering the registered mobile number (RMN), Vehicle Registration Number, and
the four-digit mPIN.
- After logging in to the Airtel Payments Bank account, click on the option of NETC
- Following this, the Airtel FASTag user can check their FASTag balance available on
the home screen.
What is FASTag?
The government of India with the help of the National Payments Corporation of India has developed the NETC program which refers to National Electronic Toll Collection. This program allows the collection of toll tax without any human intervention. This program is also known as FASTag which helps to reduce the rush at toll plazas across the. The FASTag is a device that uses RFID technology that is Radio Frequency Identification which will deduct the toll charges automatically when the vehicle will pass through the FASTag lane of the toll plaza. The FASTag sticker is applied on the front windscreen of the four wheelers and when they will pass through the toll, money will be auto-debited from the FASTag account linked with the vehicle.
Things to know about FASTag
Though FASTag is an easy and convenient method to pay your toll tax without any human intervention, still there are some points about the technology which are necessary to know before you move your vehicle on highways:
- FASTag can be used at any toll plaza across the country irrespective of the fact that whosoever is the acquirer of the toll plaza.
- FASTag is affixed on the front windscreen of the four-wheeler.
- If you own more than one four-wheeler, you will have to have a separate FASTag for both vehicles. You cannot use the same FASTag for multiple vehicles.
- Once you have purchased a FASTag for a vehicle, it will be valid for 5 years. You can recharge the FASTag as per the requirement after the initial buying of the FASTag.
- FASTag can be recharged online through net banking, UPI, debit cards, credit cards, and Paytm. The minimum amount to recharge FASTag is Rs100 and the maximum amount is Rs 1,00,000.
- You should always buy FASTag from trusted banking partners only.
- You should never buy a FASTag from a company that asks to link your bank account. You should always use prepaid service for the FASTag.
What are the benefits of using FASTag?
The FASTag has many advantages for wheeler owners. The benefits of FASTag have listed below:
One of the best advantages of making FASTag compulsory is the tension of having an exact change at toll plazas. The transaction will be cashless and money will be automatically debited from your FASTag wallets.
Mobile Alerts through SMS
Whenever you will pass through any toll plaza, you will receive sms alerts on your registered mobile numbers when money will be deducted from FASTag. You will also receive alerts for low balances in your FASTag wallet.
This is one of the best advantages of having FASTag. You can recharge it anytime using debit cards, net banking, and UPI.
Faster Moving on Highway
Thus it also reduces the traveling time from one place to another as it will reduce human intervention saving your precious time.
For promotion, FASTag government is providing very good cashback offers for the users. Currently, they are providing 2.5% cashback for every transaction through the FASTag wallet.
How to buy FASTags?
FASTags can be bought from various sources. Many nationalized and private banks are providing the facility to create a FASTag account. Moreover, some of the payment wallets such as Paytm are also issuing the FASTag for four-wheelers. You can also buy FASTag at toll plazas, where they have a Point of sale (POS) which will help in getting FASTag.
Here is the list of banks that are providing FASTag accounts:
List of Banks Providing FASTags Account
|Airtel Payments Bank||Axis Bank Ltd||Bank of Baroda||Canara Bank||City Union Bank Ltd|
|EQUITAS SMALL FINANCE BANK||Federal Bank||FINO Payments Bank||HDFC Bank||ICICI Bank|
|IDFC FIRST Bank||Indusind Bank||Karur Vysya Bank||Kotak Mahindra Bank||Nagapur Nagarik Sahakari Bank|
| PAYTM Payments Bank ||Punjab and Maharashtra Co-op Bank|| Punjab National Bank ||Saraswat Co-operative Bank||South Indian Bank|
|State Bank of India||Syndicate Bank||Union Bank of India||Yes Bank Ltd|
A person can also buy the FASTag from the automobile company from where he is going to buy his four-wheeler and they will install the FASTag on their new vehicles.
Documents Required for the Application of FASTag
Whenever you are going to buy a FASTag account, you will require some documents along with their photostat copy. Here is the list of the documents you will need when buying a FASTag for your vehicle:
- RC of the vehicle for which you are going to have FASTag.
- The user will also require to submit a passport-size photograph of the vehicle owner.
- You will need a document for KYC which is any one of these – driver’s license, adhar card, Pan Card, Voter Id, and Passport.
How FASTag Works?
Here are the steps where we will learn how does FASTag transaction work when it is initiated at a toll plaza through an RFID reader:
- A vehicle will pass through the FASTag lane where the RFID device will capture FASTag details which include ID of the tag, Class of the vehicle, and TID which is sent to the bank for processing.
- The bank will further initiate a request to NETC Mapper which will validate the tag details.
- After the Tag ID is validated by NETC, the mapper will send details which are vehicle class, tag status, and VRN. If the mapper is unable to locate Tag, it will return a response that a particular TAG ID is not registered.
- Thus the bank will calculate the toll fare and a debit request is initiated towards NETC.
- After that The NETC will forward the request to the bank which has issued FASTag to debit from the FASTag account of the user.
- Now the money will be deducted by the host and the user will receive an SMS alert. The host will also send the message to NETC.
This is how FASTag will deduct the money from your account and you can travel hassle-free.
If you pass through any toll plaza and your FASTag wallet is out of money, your FASTag wallet is usually blacklisted for 48 hours, if you use the FASTag lane for crossing the toll gate. Your FASTag account will only be reactivated with the intervention of the NHAI helpdesk in case you are traveling. You can also call on NHAI customer helpline number which is 1033 for reactivating the card.
Usually when a person buys a FASTag Rs 200 is added as a security deposit which can be used during emergencies. If in case you have exhausted your main FASTag wallet account, the amount can be deducted from the security deposit. And again when you will recharge your wallet, firstly money will get added as a security deposit which you have used and the rest of the amount will get deposited in your main FASTag wallet.
How to Use FASTag?
Now we are aware of FASTag, we will see how the FASTag works when a vehicle enters a toll plaza:
- First of all, when your vehicle enters the FASTag lane, the RFID reader on the lane will auto-detect your FASTag and deduct the amount from your FASTag wallet.
- You will get a confirmation receipt in your email and also an alert message on your phone linked with the tag.
- Once the money is deducted from your tag you will get a green signal and you can successfully pass through the plaza without any hassle.
FASTag Common Problems
Everything has its pros and cons. Pros are already explained and now we will see what difficulties one can face while using FASTag.
Sometimes when you will pass your vehicle through the FASTag lane, the RFID reader might not detect the FASTag of your vehicle. You might need to move your vehicle a little backward and forward and you must also ensure that FASTag is correctly placed on your vehicle so that it’s easily detectable.
If your FASTag is still not detected then a man at the toll plaza will come with a handheld RFID reader to detect your tag. There are some disadvantages of these hand-held devices:
- They are faulty at some times.
- They need to be charged after 5-6 hours.
Some companies are deducting the FASTag charges if you are not using the name of the FASTag event. So don’t buy FASTag from such companies. As FASTag is a prepaid wallet you don’t need to link your bank account with FASTag.
How to change Fastag’s mobile number?
No, we cannot change the Fastag mobile number. As the e-mail id and mobile number are registered at the time when the customer is making their Fastag for the first time. However, if the customer wants to change the vehicle registration number (VRN)then they can share their vehicle RC scans.
How to change a Fastag account from one bank to another
It is an easy process to change a FASTag account from one bank to another, you just need to follow the below mentioned steps: 1. If the customer’s Fastag is linked with the Paytm wallet, which is in turn connected with another bank, then he/she can change the bank account and recharge the wallet from the new bank account. 2. However, in case if the customer’s Fastag is linked with the Paytm bank account, then by changing the bank, he/she also needs to cancel the Paytm linked Fastag as well.
What to do with Fastag when selling a car?
If you have sold/transfer your car, you are requested to inform your issuing source or bank and close the account as soon as possible.