- Type of ways to check FASTag balance using Vehicle Number
- How to Check FASTag Balance using MyFastag App
- Steps to check FASTag balance with vehicle number using MyFastag App:
- How to Check FASTag account balance with vehicle number through Website?
- Customer Care Number to Check FASTag balance with vehicle number
- How to Check FASTag account balance with vehicle number through SMS?
- How to check FASTag account balance using Google Pay?
- How to check FASTag account balance using PhonePe?
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) introduced Fastag, which became mandatory for all vehicles to pay toll tax. Anyone who purchases a FASTag gets a small sticker that has to be attached to the windscreen of the vehicle.
FASTag allows car owners to pass through dedicated lanes and automatically charged without having to stop at the toll plazas. It not only helps in skipping long queues and saving time but allows users to track and monitor all transactions related to toll tax.
However, this digital system has come up with some responsibilities for vehicle owners as they have to keep sufficient balance in their FASTag accounts. Since, it is the new method of paying toll charges, a lot of users find it difficult to check the FASTag balance. Therefore, in this article, we have included some of the ways through which you can easily check your FASTag Balance by using just a vehicle number.
Continue reading the article to know how to check the FASTag balance-
How to Check your FASTag Balance with your Vehicle Number
Because FASTag is a prepaid gadget for automatic payment deduction of tolls, it must be recharged regularly to function smoothly. Vehicle owners can purchase FASTag from a variety of FASTag issuing banks, including SBI, HDFC, and Axis bank as well as mobile payment apps like Paytm, Google Pay, and PhonePe.
The NHAI has decided that a minimum balance of Rs. 150 in the FASTag account is necessary to maintain. If a user’s FASTag account does not have a minimum balance, he will not be permitted to use the dedicated FASTag lanes at toll plazas. They’ll have to enter the non-FASTag lane and pay double the toll tax. Sometimes, having a low or zero balance in the FASTag account also results in the user’s account getting blacklisted. Therefore, car owners are advised to avoid having a negative balance in their Fastag account. For this, vehicle owners should check their FASTag balance regularly.
Type of ways to check FASTag balance using Vehicle Number
Checking FASTag Balance: Online Methods
There are a variety of options available (both online and offline) through which you can check your FASTag account balance. Let’s have a look at some of the popular ways to inquire about your FASTag balance with vehicle number.
- Check FASTag Balance using MyFASTag App
- Check FASTag Balance using Net Banking
- Check FASTag Balance using Google Pay
- Check FASTag Balance using PhonePe
- Check FASTag Balance using Paytm
Note– There are many ways to check the FASTag account balance. Here in this article, we will explain how to check the FASTag balance using the vehicle registration number.
How to Check FASTag Balance using MyFastag App ?
NHAI has launched the MyFastag App, a dedicated app that allows users to perform a variety of Fastag-related tasks including purchasing IHMCL FASTags and recharging existing Fastag, checking FASTag balance, and more. FASTag users can quickly check their FASTag balance status by entering their vehicle number using this service.
Steps to check FASTag balance with vehicle number using MyFastag App:
- Download and install the MyFASTag app on your Android or IOS device.
- Open the app and log in with your username/login id and password.
- After you’ve logged in, enter your vehicle’s license plate number.
- You can now check the balance in the FASTag account associated with that vehicle number.
MyFASTag App also allows users to check FASTag balance using different color codes. A variety of color codes indicates the balance status in your FASTag account.
- For example, Green Color indicates that your FASTag account has sufficient balance.
- Orange color implies your balance is low and you need to add money to your FASTag account.
- The color indicates that your FASTag account has no balance and that your account has been blacklisted. It implies that you should recharge your FASTag as soon as possible.
How to Check the FASTag account balance with vehicle number through the Website?
- You can also check your FASTag balance with your vehicle number by visiting the official website of the bank or any other service provider, and follow the instructions below:
- Visit the dedicated FASTag portal of your FASTag issuer bank/agency/mobile wallet.
- Enter your credentials to login into the website.
- Once logged in, verify your FASTag account details on the official website of your FASTag service provider.
- Enter the vehicle number to check the FASTag balance.
- You can also check your transaction history and download a statement of all of your previous FASTag transactions.
Some of the Other Ways through which you can check your FASTag Balance are:
How to check FASTag account balance using Google Pay?
Google Pay not only allows users to purchase a FASTag card, but it also gives an easy option to recharge and check FASTag balance. Let’s have a look at the following steps on how to check the FASTag account balance using Google Pay:
- Download and install the Google Pay app on your Android or IOS device.
- On the home screen, select the new payment option.
- Go to the search bar and type ‘FASTag’.
- Upon which a list of various FASTag issuing banks will appear.
- Select your FASTag issuer bank.
- Make sure your FASTag is linked to the bank from where you have purchased it.
- For this, you have to enter your vehicle registration number, nickname, etc.
- Once, your account is linked you will see two options ‘Pay’ or ‘View Balance’.
- Click the ‘View Balance’ option to check the status of your FASTag account.
How to check the FASTag account balance using PhonePe?
PhonePe also allows its users to apply for FASTag online, recharge their FASTag account, and check their balance by either using the PhonePe app or the website. Follow the below-mentioned steps to check the FASTag account balance through PhonePe:
- Open the PhonePe app on your Android or IOS device and log in.
- After login, click on the option that says ‘See all’.
- Once, you click ‘See All, you’ll notice a ‘Manage FASTag’ option.
- Tap that option and search for the bank from where you have purchased your FASTag.
- Select the bank and enter your credentials like vehicle registration number or Wallet ID.
- After entering your details click on the ‘Confirm button.
- Once you confirm, all the information regarding your FASTag account will appear.
- You can choose to recharge your FASTag account from here.
- To check your FASTag balance, select the ‘Bill Details’ section.
How to check the FASTag account balance with Vehicle Number using Paytm?
If you have purchased FASTag through Paytm then you can check your FASTag account balance through Paytm mobile application or website. Let’s have a look at the following steps on how to check the FASTag account balance using Paytm:
- Open Paytm mobile application on your device
- Click on the FASTag Recharge option under the Transit tab
- Select your FASTag issuer bank from the list of banks available on the page
- Enter your Vehicle Number (linked to FASTag) to proceed
- Upon successful login, you can check your FASTag balance under the manage payment option.
Checking FASTag Balance: Offline Methods
Vehicle owners can also check their FASTag Balance using a variety of offline ways. Here are some of the methods listed:
Customer Care Number to Check FASTag balance with vehicle number
FASTag service providers have a dedicated customer care helpline to answer Fastag-related queries. Users can call the customer care number of their FASTag issuer bank in case of any problem regarding FASTag.
FASTag users can inquire about the balance in their FASTag wallet by contacting customer care support. The customer care representative will ask you to provide your vehicle number, upon which they will tell you the balance left in your FASTag account.
Note: Users can also inquire about their FASTag balance by calling the toll-free number 1033 if their FASTag is linked with NHAI.
How to Check the FASTag account balance with the vehicle number through SMS?
Once you have linked your mobile number with your FASTag account, all updates will be sent via SMS every time a deduction has been made from your account. Details like FASTag balance, toll charges, recharge confirmation, and other notifications will be sent via SMS to your mobile number.