When your vehicle passes through toll plazas, Fastag automatically pays the toll fee. This is an electronic system. It is an extremely handy technology for frequent travelers as well as those who must pass through toll plazas on National Highways.
Anyone who buys a Fastag receives a little sticker-like device that they must stick to their vehicle’s windscreen. Without having to stop at toll plazas every time, this Fastag device lets the driver to traverse through designated lanes and be immediately invoiced for the amount of the toll tax.
The Fastag gadget has numerous advantages. In addition to allowing users to bypass lines and traffic, it also allows them to easily manage all online spending, track all toll tax transactions, and so on.
The RFID technology, which stands for Radio Frequency Identification, is the foundation of Fastag. The Fastag device may be recognized by scanners deployed at toll plazas thanks to RFID technology. These scanners identify the Fastag when your car approaches toll plazas, and the toll payment is automatically taken from your Fastag wallet.
A Fastag device’s operation can be explained as follows:
- When Fastag approaches toll plazas, the scanners detect the signals sent by the Fastag device’s RFID technology.
- The scanner recognises the vehicle, collects its information, and your Fastag account is debited.
- The toll barrier is raised after the money is deducted, and you can resume your journey.
How to check your Fastag balance with your vehicle number
Because Fastag is a prepaid gadget, it must be recharged on a regular basis. The National Highways Authority of India introduced Fastag, which became necessary for all vehicles after February 15, 2021, in order to pay tolls. Fastag can be purchased via a variety of banks, including SBI, ICICI, and HDFC, as well as mobile payment apps like Paytm, Google Pay, and PhonePe.
The NHAI has decided that a minimum balance in Fastag acquired from any service provider is required. If a user’s Fastag account does not have a minimum balance, he will not be permitted to use the special Fastag lanes at toll plazas. They’ll have to take the non-Fastag lane and pay double the toll charge. As a result, car owners must avoid having a negative amount in their Fastag. They should do this by checking the balance in their Fastag on a regular basis.
In Fastag, there are a variety of options to check your balance. We’ll show you how to check the balance in your Fastag using your car number in this article.
Using the MyFastag app, you may check your Fastag balance by entering your car number.
NHAI has released the MyFastag app, which allows you to execute a variety of Fastag-related operations such as recharging Fastag, checking Fastag balance, and so on. NHAI recently updated the MyFastag app to include a function that allows you to view the balance in your Fastag. Fastag users can quickly check their Fastag balance status by entering their vehicle number using this service.
To check the balance in your Fastag with your car number using MyFastag, follow the instructions below.
- On your smartphone, download and install the MyFastag app.
- After you’ve installed the app, log in with your username/login id and password.
- After you’ve logged in, you’ll need to input your vehicle’s licence plate number.
- You can now check the balance in the Fastag associated with that car number quickly and conveniently.
The MyFastag app also allows you to check the balance in your Fastag using different colour codes. The balance condition in your Fastag is indicated by a variety of colour codes.
- If you see Green Color after logging into the MyFastag app, for example, it implies that your Fastag is balanced enough.
- If the MyFastag app is orange, it means you have a low balance and need to add money to your Fastag account.
- The ‘Red’ colour indicates that your Fastag has no balance and that it has been blacklisted. It indicates that you should recharge your Fastag as soon as possible.
Using the website to check the balance of a Fastag with a vehicle number
Another way to check your Fastag balance with your vehicle number is to go to the bank’s official website or any other service provider’s website, and then follow the instructions below:
Go to your Fastag issuer bank’s official Fastag portal.
- Enter your credentials (login details) to access the website.
- You can verify your Fastag account data by logging onto the official website of your Fastag service provider.
- The option to enter the vehicle number for which you want to check the Fastag balance can be found here.
- You will now be able to see your Fastag balance.
- You may also view all of your transaction history and download a statement of all of your Fastag account’s activities.
Customer service hotline for checking Fastag balance with vehicle number
For any Fastag-related concerns, all Fastag service providers have dedicated customer care or hotline lines. If you have any problems or questions about the Fastag, you can call this customer service number for your Fastag issuer bank.
By contacting the customer care team, Fastag users can simply check the balance in their Fastag wallet. They only need to phone their Fastag issuer’s customer service number to be connected to a customer service representative. Users must inform the executive that they want to know their Fastag balance. Your vehicle number will be requested by the customer service representative. When you give him your car number, he will immediately inform you how much money is remaining in your Fastag.
If your Fastag is linked to NHAI, you can also check the balance in your Fastag by calling NHAI’s toll-free customer service line, which is 1033.
Fastag balance check with SMS by using car number
Some Fastag service providers additionally offer an SMS service to check the balance in your Fastag using your car number. Fastag users must send an SMS with their vehicle number to a specific number of that bank in order to use this service. This SMS’s format is as follows: SMS
For example, if you purchased a Fastag from ICICI Bank and your vehicle number is UK02 3294, you must send the following message to this number 801092888 to check the balance in your Fastag using your vehicle number.
If you bought Fastag from another bank, all you have to do now is send the above SMS to that bank’s special SMS service number.
When you send the aforementioned message, a text message with the balance in your Fastag will be delivered to your registered mobile number. This notice will include all of the information you need to know about the pending balance in your Fastag.