Electric Vehicle EV Subsidy Policy in Odisha- Purchase Incentives and Application Process
For the last few decades, climate change has been a global concern, and pollution caused by vehicular emissions plays a major role in worsening the situation. Therefore, there is a need to reduce the use of fossil fuels. In line with that, the NITI AAYOG urged all Indian states/UTs to design thorough Electric Vehicle policies for their respective state.
In 2021, the Government of Odisha drafted its Electric Vehicle Policy. The main objective of the policy is to promote EVs in the state through buying, manufacturing, research & development, in addition to facilitating employment growth. The Electric Vehicle subsidy policy in Odisha not only benefit buyers but EV manufacturers as well.
Let’s have a comprehensive look at Odisha Electric Vehicle Policy, 2021.
Odisha Electric Vehicle Subsidy Policy – Key Highlights
- The EV policy in Odisha shall remain valid for four years from the date of notification of this policy.
- The Odisha EV policy aims for the adoption of 20% electric vehicles by the end of 2025.
- 100% waiver of vehicle Registration fees and Road tax will be made available for the first four years.
- The EV subsidy incentives will particularly benefit the vehicle segment of two-wheelers, public/shared vehicles, and goods carriers.
- Open permits will be available for e-autos (three-wheelers).
- State government employees will be given 100% interest-free loans on the purchase of electric vehicles.
- Subsidized parking will be made available by municipal authorities for all personal EVs.
- The subsidy amount will be credited to the beneficiaries’ Bank Accounts by the concerned RTO.
Odisha Electric Vehicle Subsidy Policy, 2021- Purchase Incentives
For E- 2Wheelers
Electric two-wheelers purchased and registered in the state will be provided with a subsidy of Rs. 5000 per kWh, capped at Rs. 20,000.
For E- 3Wheelers
Electric three-wheelers registered in Odisha will be provided with a subsidy of Rs. 5000 per kWh, capped at Rs. 30,000.
For E- 4Wheelers
The state government of Odisha will offer a subsidy of Rs. 10,000 per kWh, capped at Rs. 1, 50,000 on the purchase of electric four-wheelers.
For E- Buses
For electric buses, the government will provide a subsidy incentive of 10% of the cost of the vehicle, capped at Rs. 4 lakhs. The maximum subsidy of Rs. 2 lakhs will be provided for non-A/C buses, Rs. 3 lakhs for A/C buses, and Rs. 4 lakhs for A/C Deluxe buses registered in Odisha during the policy period of 4 years.
For Goods Carriers
Individual and fleet Owners of light commercial goods carriages shall be given a purchase incentive of Rs. 30,000, along with scrapping incentives (specified by the state government of Odisha). However, only the first 5000 electric goods carriers registered in the state will be incentivized.
How to Apply for Electric Vehicle Subsidy in Odisha?
- Visit the Odisha EV online portal at http://odishatransport.gov.in.
- From the dashboard, click on Apply for Subsidy.
- Applicants have to first complete the EV subsidy registration process by providing mandatory details such as vehicle number and chassis number.
- To complete the registration process, the vehicle owner will receive an OTP in its RMN.
- Enter OTP to move ahead with the application process.
- Next, fill out an EV subsidy form by providing bank details and uploading scanned images of the bank passbook.
- After entering all the details and clicking on the declaration checkbox, submit the application form.
- On Form Submission, an Application Number will be generated. Keep it handy to check the application status.
Documents required during application for EV Subsidy
- Scanned copy of the first page of the Vehicle Owner’s Bank Passbook.
- OTP & other communication related to EV subsidy will be sent to the applicant via SMS to their Registered Mobile Number linked with RC.
How to Check Application Status for EV Subsidy in Odisha?
Follow the steps given below to check the status of your EV subsidy.
- Applicants can visit the Odisha Electric Vehicle Cell.
- Next, log in with your credentials (such as username and password).
- After login, on the homepage, click on the Application status tab.
- To get the details, applicants are required to enter their application number, vehicle registration number, and the last five digits of the chassis number. In case you forgot your application number, you can retrieve it via a one-time password by entering the vehicle and chassis number.
- Hit submit and know your application status at each stage of processing.