As per the New Motor Vehicles Act, 2019, violating traffic rules and regulations attracts heavy penalties and challan. And all these challans need to be paid within the given time to avoid further action. In this post, we have covered a variety of scenarios in which a pending challan can be paid. Continue reading to know more about Delhi Traffic Police pending challan.
How to Check Delhi Traffic Police Pending Challan Status?
To check the status of the Traffic Police Challan in Delhi, individuals can use the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways website and follow the steps:
- Go to the website https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/
- On the homepage, click on the ‘Check Online Services tab.
- Click on “Check Delhi Traffic Challan”.
- Click on “Get Challan Details”.
- Proceed by entering either your driving license number or vehicle number.
- If there are no pending e-challans against you, a dialogue box with the message ‘Challan Not Found’ will appear.
- However, if there is a pending e-challan against your name, then a new page will open with all the details about the challan.
Delhi Traffic Police Pending Challan Lok Adalat
A Lok Adalat is a quasi-judicial court specially designed to look after specific cases. It aims to provide a speedy and cost-effective resolution to disputes.
The Delhi Traffic Police has set up a Lok Adalat for the payment of traffic challans. The system allows traffic violators who have received challans to pay their penalties at a discounted rate. The benefit of Lok Adalat is that it provides vehicle owners who have received challan with an opportunity to have their cases heard fairly.
The Delhi Traffic Police will be organizing an upcoming Lok Adalat on the 13th of May 2023 where people can clear their pending challan dues.
Delhi Traffic Police Pending Challan Virtual Court
Individuals in Delhi can now settle their Delhi traffic police pending challan online on virtual courts.
The virtual court enables online adjudication of challan cases. On a pilot basis, the system is currently being used for traffic challans in Delhi.
The Delhi district court (Tis Hazari courts) has recently launched a web portal to act as a virtual court, to make the process of traffic challan payments easier. With the online facility, traffic defaulters will no longer have to visit the courts to make the payment of fines. All challans (except those wherein the vehicle has been seized) can now be paid directly at https://vcourts.gov.
Delhi Traffic Police Challan Pending In Court
After receiving a challan, a traffic police constable will visit the violators’ registered home address to collect the payment. In case they are not available or are unable to make the payment, they will be issued a court summons to appear in court and make the payment.
To pay the Delhi Traffic Police challan pending in court, residents have to visit the court premises at the stipulated time and date mentioned in the challan receipt/notice. Residents have to present the traffic challan in front of the magistrate where their challan will be decided.
Steps to Check Delhi Traffic Police Pending Challan Payment Status
If you have paid your traffic challan in Delhi and want to check the payment status, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the web portal or the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways.
- Find the ‘Check challan status’ tab and click on it.
- Proceed by entering the vehicle number or driving license (DL) number.
- Following this, details of all the e-challans issued to you will appear.
- Click on the ”Pay Now” tab for making pending challan payments.
- Complete the payment process using any of the payment modes mentioned.
How to pay Delhi Traffic Challan pending in court?
Whether you are overspeeding or weaving through traffic a network of cameras installed across the city can detect a driving error. Not paying traffic challan within the set deadline results in forwarding the challan to court. Generally, defaulters get sixty days (from the date of issue of the notice/challan) to pay the challan and can pay either online or offline.
Follow these steps to pay your Delhi Traffic Police e-challan online.
- Visit the Delhi traffic police website at delhitrafficpolice.nic.in.
- Head to the ‘Notice’ section, and hit the ‘Pending Notice’ tab.
- Following this, you will be directed to the e-challan portal of the Delhi traffic police.
- Next, enter your vehicle registration number or notice number.
- After that, click on the ‘Search details’ tab to see details regarding traffic challans.
- Proceed to pay the challan by clicking on the ‘Pay Now’ option. Check the penalty amount, ‘Payment ID’, and select ‘Payment Gateway’ and the mode of payment before completing the process.
- After making the payment, you will receive a confirmation message along with the transaction ID. Keep it for future reference.
Following are some of the ways through which one can pay an e-challan offline in Delhi
- Defaulters in Delhi can pay their challan payment in cash through any on-duty traffic police officer having an e-challan machine.
- Another way to pay challan is by visiting Delhi Traffic Police Headquarters (HQ).
- Make a challan payment using Cheque/Demand Draft/Pay order by post or courier made in favor of the DCP/Traffic (HQs) office. Challan payment can also be done via Money Order.