Oriental Car Insurance- Claim Process & Settlement Ratio
Any issue involving your vehicle (whether new or old) can make a big dent in your savings. Therefore, it is crucial to invest in a good motor insurance policy as soon as you purchase a vehicle. Oriental car insurance plans protect insured vehicles in case of an accident, theft, fire, etc. The car insurance policy by Oriental General Insurance offers a wide range of add-on covers to offer some extra protection to your car.
One can easily buy and renew their car insurance plans online through Oriental car insurance’s official website. Policyholders can customize their motor insurance plans as per their requirements and budget. The insurance provider aims to provide the best customer service around the clock through its qualified team of dedicated professionals.
Continue reading to have a comprehensive look at Oriental Car Insurance.
The Oriental Car Insurance- Highlights
|Claim Settlement Ratio
|3100+ (spread across the country)
|Types of Car Insurance Plans
|Third-party cover, standalone own-damage, and comprehensive insurance policy
|Insurance Coverage Period
|For 1 year
|Personal Accident Coverage
|Up to Rs. 15 lakh
|No Claim Bonus
Oriental Car Insurance- Features
- For the Oriental Car Insurance policy, the coverage period is for a year.
- Oriental car insurance features an impressive claim settlement ratio of 94 percent ensuring that the company is extremely reliable.
- It is easy to buy a car insurance policy online in just four simple steps at https://orientalinsurance.org.in/en/motor-insurance-policy1
- Some of the extra coverage/add-ons offered by Oriental car insurance at an additional premium include- Nil/Zero Depreciation Cover, Key Replacement Cover, Consumables Cover, Tyre and Rim Protection Cover, Alternative Car Benefit, and Loss of Personal Belongings Cover.
Coverage included under Oriental Car Insurance
Oriental Car Insurance provides coverage against:
- Accidental loss or damage to the vehicle due to fire, lightning, and explosion.
- Any damage or loss caused to the vehicle due to natural calamities such as floods, earthquakes, landslides, rockslides, etc.
- Damages are caused to the vehicle due to manmade disasters such as riots, public nuisances, and criminal activities.
- Loss arising due to theft or burglary of the insured car.
- Any damages to the third party property, including third party injury or death.
- Any damages to the insured vehicle in transit by road, rail, air, lift, or inland waterway.
What is not covered under Oriental Car Insurance?
Oriental Car Insurance does not provide coverage for:
- Loss or damages caused to the insured vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Any loss caused due to mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- The incident happened outside the geographic area as stated in the policy documents.
- Any claims registered due to any kind of contractual liability.
- Damages sustained to an insured car when the vehicle was being driven without a valid license.
- Loss to the insurance vehicle due to depreciation, wear, and tear.
- The destruction caused to the insured vehicle in the event of a war and any nuclear perils.
- If the insured car is being used for a purpose other than agreed upon, such as a private car used for commercial purposes.
How to File a Claim under Oriental Car Insurance?
In case of any mishap involving an insured car, policyholders can follow the steps given below to raise an Oriental motor insurance claim.
As soon as the incident occurs, inform your insurance provider (i.e. Oriental Car Insurance) by calling or emailing so that your claim request can be registered.
Once your claim has been filed, the motor insurance company will send a surveyor to inspect the insured vehicle. The surveyor will examine the extent of the damages sustained by the vehicle, calculate the estimated cost of repair, and create a thorough report.
After the inspection process is done, the policyholder will be asked to provide a vehicle as well as insurance policy documents for further processing.
In case a policyholder has opted for a cashless claim, he/she has to take their vehicle to the workshop for repair. The insurance company will bear the complete cost and will pay directly to the network garage once the repair/replacement work is done.
Whereas, in the case of a non-cashless claim, where the insured vehicle is being repaired in a non-authorized garage, the insurance company will reimburse the claim amount after the policyholder has paid the entire bill amount and raised a claim.
Documents Required to File a Claim under Oriental Car Insurance
- Below mentioned is a list of documents required to file a claim under Oriental Motor Insurance.
- Accurately filled and signed claim form
- Copy of policyholder’s RC
- Copy of valid driving license
- Copy of car insurance policy papers
- Copy of Police FIR, in case of theft or burglary
- Estimate of repair or repair invoice.