Issuing e-challan to traffic offenders has become a common practice for enforcing traffic rules and regulations. Though the introduction of digitization aims to streamline the process and reduce human error, there may be a few instances where a wrong e-challan is issued to a vehicle owner.
If you think you have got the wrong e-Challan, then there is no need to worry. You can file a traffic challan complaint in a few simple steps to rectify the error. A wrong e-challan can be defined as, when a vehicle owner has not breached any traffic laws or committed any traffic offense, but still gets an e-challan. To challenge a wrong e-Challan, the vehicle owner can raise a complaint using the Grievance System and claim that his/her traffic challan must be revoked. In order to prove their innocence, they need to present evidence supporting their claim. The process may take up to 15 days for government officials to consider your grievance and report back to you.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps to file a complaint against a wrong e-challan.
How to File a Complaint against a Wrong e-Challan- Online Process
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has launched an initiative in which an official portal is designed for vehicle owners to raise a complaint against a wrong traffic challan. Follow the below-mentioned steps to file a complaint against a wrong challan:
- Visit the official website of e-challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution at https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in and log in to your account.
- After successful login, click on the direct link for filing an e-challan complaint at the top of the page and look for the Grievance System page. The link for the Grievance System page is https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/gsticket/.
- Once you find the Grievance page, furnish all your information correctly such as your name, contact details, vehicle number, and challan number. Also, select the challan state and challan issue.
- After entering all the mandatory details, you need to describe your issue in 500 words.
- Further, upload any supporting documents or evidence that can prove the error in the issuance of an e-challan.
- Upon completing the upload process, the final step is to enter the Captcha code and hit on the Submit button.
Now that you have filed a complaint against the wrong e-challan, your work is done. After this, the traffic police department will review your e-challan complaint and the evidence provided. After further investigation and evaluation of the same on the Grievance System, the department will provide you with an update soon. Post inquiry, if it is found that a wrong e-challan has been issued to you, your traffic challan will be revoked.
How to track the status of your complaint on the Grievance System page?
Vehicle owners can also view the status of their complaint concerning the wrong e-challan on the Grievance System page. For this;
- You need to first visit the official portal of the Parivahan website at https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in.
- Next, scroll down and find the ‘Ticket Status’ tab and click on it.
- Upon this mention your ticket number and enter the Captcha code.
- Now click on ‘Check the Ticket Status’ and get the latest status of your complaint.