Electrical Vehicle Subsidy Policy in Rajasthan- Key Features and Purchase Benefits
In 2022, Rajasthan joined the list of Indian states that launched its electric vehicle policy. The objective behind releasing Rajasthan Electric Vehicle Policy (REVP 2022) is to encourage the adoption of EVs across the state. The policy also aims to promote the manufacturing of EVs and batteries in the state while fostering research and skill development in the electric mobility space.
As per the Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, with the introduction of the EV policy, the pollution caused by diesel and petrol vehicles will be reduced in the state. The state government of Rajasthan has also approved an additional budget of Rs. 40 crore for SGST reimbursement on the purchase of EVs.
Let’s have a comprehensive look at Rajasthan Electric Vehicle Policy (REVP) 2022.
Rajasthan Electric Vehicle Policy (REVP) 2022- Key Highlights
|Rajasthan Electric Vehicle Policy (REVP)
|1st September, 2022
|Valid for 5 years (unless stated otherwise)
|Policy Approved by
|CM Ashok Gehlot
|To reduce vehicular emissions and promote clean mobility
Rajasthan EV Policy- Targets
- The Electric Vehicle policy in Rajasthan aims to achieve the following targets by the end of the policy period.
- 15% share of e-2W in new vehicle registrations.
- 30% share of electric three-wheelers in new vehicle registrations.
- 5% share of electric 4Wheelers in new vehicle registrations.
- Manufacturing of 35 lakh units every year for the duration of the policy period.
- Phased transition of buses to electric buses, used in popular routes connecting to major cities in Rajasthan such as Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Kota, Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, and Bharatpur.
Rajasthan Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy – Purchase Incentives
- Electric vehicles purchased in the state will be eligible for 100% SGST reimbursement as per the battery capacity of the vehicle. The state government will reimburse Rs. 5000 to Rs. 10,000 SGST for electric two-wheelers and Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 for three-wheelers.
- Electric Vehicles purchased in the state will be exempted from Motor Vehicle Tax and Green Tax.
- Eligible EVs purchased and registered in the state will be exempted from needing a permit for carrying passengers or goods.
Purchase Incentives for E-2 Wheelers
The first one lakh electric two-wheelers purchased in the state will be incentivized as per their battery capacity. E-2W with a fixed battery can get an incentive ranging from Rs. 5000 to 10,000, whereas, in the case of a swappable battery, the financial incentive will be somewhere between Rs. 2000 and Rs. 5000.
Purchase Incentives for E-3 Wheelers (e-Rickshaw, e-cart, e-Auto and e-Goods Carrier)
The first 25,000 electric three-wheelers will be incentivized each in the e-Rickshaw and e-Cart category and e-Auto and e-Goods Carrier category. A subsidy of Rs. 10,000 to 20,000 for fixed batteries and from 4000 to 10,000 for vehicles with swappable batteries.
The incentive will also benefit 3000 Retrofit vehicles with 15% of the retrofit kit cost up to Rs. 10, 000 per vehicle.
Purchase Incentives for Electric 4-wheelers (Personal Cars/Taxis, Commercial
Vehicles, Light Goods Vehicle)
Eligible vehicles with a maximum ex-showroom price of Rs. 20 lakhs can avail of the purchase incentive ranging from Rs. 30,000 to 50,000 as per the battery capacity.
The purchase incentive will be provided to the first 1000 personal e-4 wheelers, 1000 commercial e-4 wheelers, and 2000 e-Maxi cab and e-Goods carriers.
The incentive will also benefit 2000 Retrofit vehicles, with 15% of the retrofit kit cost up to Rs. 15, 000 per vehicle.
Purchase Incentive for Electric Buses
The first 500 electric buses will be provided with an upfront incentive ranging from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh, depending on the battery capacity.
The incentive will also benefit 200 Retrofit vehicles (buses), with 15% of the retrofit kit cost up to Rs. 2, 50,000 per vehicle.
How to Apply for EV Subsidy in Rajasthan?
Currently, there is no dedicated online portal to apply for EV subsidy in Rajasthan. However, to avail of the purchase subsidy incentive, eligible applicants are required to apply in person by visiting the state Renewable Energy department/office.
Next, the applicant shall submit the application form, along with all necessary documents. After completing all the verification processes, the eligible customers will be provided a subsidy amount.